Slimline Penguin Slider

Ever since I posted my SU! Penguin Slider Tutorial last month, I knew I wanted to recreate it using my digi stamp set called, Polar Fun.   It is the set with an igloo, 2 cute penguins and a polar bear which makes for a cute winter scene.  

This morning I woke up to an email from one of my challenge players, Gail, who was excited to share with me her own version of my penguin slider card, using the Polar Fun set!  (Be sure to hop over to my store blog to see her cute card here!)  And so I thought I would join her today in creating another slider - this time in a slimline version!

One of the nice things about digital stamps is that you can flip and resize the digis to accommodate whatever size card you want to make!  I did both of those things with the sliding penguin and igloo.  Now that I had them all colored and cut out, I realized I should have flipped the other penguin so he's looking at the others instead of looking off the card... OOPS!  

I love how the sky turned out.  Blended dye inks in Pixie Pink, Highland Heather, and Gorgeous Grape (SU! colors) with blending brushes.  I computer-generated my sentiment, then inverted the color to white and added a black text box behind it in MS Word, printed, then went around the white edges with a dark grey Copic.  Then used my SU! Banners Pick-a-Punch to give it a tail.  

The Snowflakes in sky were stamped in Versamark and embossed with white e.p.  The stamps are from Lawn Fawn's Magic Holiday Messages.  The Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics are from My Favorite Things.  I also used a slider disc (MFT) to make my penguin slide nice and smooth down the channel.

Here's a li'l clip of it in motion.... (sorry for the poor lighting)

 
Not sure this helps or not, but I did take a quite pic of my card front before adding the images to it.  I glued the snow drifts down before cutting my channel.  Then I printed and cut 2 of the igloos, just like in my tutorial.  Please let me know if YOU try this!  I'd love to see what you create :) 


Thanks so much for taking a peek! Hope you find time to INK SOMETHING today! :)