Interactive Cartwheeling Hedgie ☆ CottageCutz



Hello!  It's my day to share a tutorial on the Scrapping Cottage Blog.  I followed a video tutorial for this Interactive Cartwheel card by Laura Dovalo, so instead of doing a full written tutorial, I will simply link you to her video and then I'll share with you some of my process photos (and the adjustments I made to fit this to a slimline size) using the following CottageCutz dies...


OTHER SUPPLIES
Foam Tape
Spinner Disc
Fishing Line
Glue



I started by diecutting a rectangle from smooth white cardstock using the largest of the Nested Stitched Rectangles Slimline set, and I die cut my pull tab slider by using the *Die extension method to make it fit my slimline card size.

I then die cut the top part using one of the dies from the Slimline Hills set.  To the top piece, I ink blended some Uncharted Mariner D.O. ink and then I spattered white acrylic paint and some white die cut stars from the Campin Out Sun & Moon die.  

For the lower section, I die cut the smallest of the Rounded Rectangles Slimline, leaving space on the right for my campfire and pull tab cout-out. *Requires thinking ahead on image placement.  

***OPTIONAL:  On the righthand side, I used the end of the 3rd smallest Rounded Rectangles Slimline -- just enough to get your fingers on the tab to pull it out. (this step was NOT in the video tutorial, but I did not want my tab to stick out as I wanted it to fit into my slimline envelope.) 

I then ink blended some Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink onto the bottom half  of my card front and the pull tab, then spattered some alcohol ink.  


I went ahead and die cut all my Campin Out elements and glued to card front so I could determine positions for my spinning hedgie. 

I die cut 2 of the smallest Stiched Circles dies for my spinner and also showing above is my plastic spinner disc.  I also cut my card base at 7-1/2" x 8-3/4" and scored in half at 3-3/4" - I then taped off the edges and added some of the same Tea Dye and Vintage Photo D.O. ink as it will show thru then the slider is pulled out. 

I followed the video to add the stablilizer piece, wrapping the fishing line (clear plastic string) and foam strips on the back and to add the hedgie to the front.  



I hope I provided enough info for you to re-create a fun interactive slimline card using your favorite CottageCutz dies?!!  Be sure to watch the video tutorial for more details on this mechanism.  

Have a CRAFT-astic day!! 

~Kristine



        

     

      

     

Wishing all my USA friends a Happy 4th tomorrow!
♡  ♡  ♡
 Ink Something Crafty!