Split Fold Acetate Card ☆ CottageCutz

Happy Friday Friends,

Kris here with you today, sharing a split front card featuring the Garden Butterflies and Garden Flowers from the  Black Friday Release.


Here's a side view


CUTTING & SCORING:

Berry Burst cardstock 
Cut a 5-1/2" square 
--from that, cut 1-3/4" from one end (card front)
--then cut 2" from the same end, leaving 1-3/4" attached.

White Cardstock
Cut a 5-1/4" square 

Acetate/Window Sheet 
Cut at 5-7/16" x 5-1/2" 

Fresh Freesia Cardstock
Cut (2) at 1-1/2 x 5-1/4" 

SU! Masterfully Made - Fresh Freesia leafy pattern
Cut (2) strips at 1-1/2" x 5-14"

SU! Masterfully Made - Multi-Floral pattern
Cut (2) strips at 1-5/16" x 5-1/16"


DESIGN STEPS:

1.  Open card so the small flap is at the top.  Apply double sided tape to the flap (not too close to the edge, and attach the acetate so that the 5-1/2" is going side to side (horizontally).

2.  Fold the front closed and attach the 1-3/4" Berry Burst panel to the bottom of card front, aligning with the bottom edge of acetate.


3.  With card open, and working on backside of acetate, apply the leafy patterned Freesia paper to cover up the taped acetate panels as shown.


4.  Attach white square inside bottom of card.


5.  Attach floral patterned paper to the Fresh Freesia strips and then onto the front of card as shown.


6.  Stamp a sentiment onto white inside panel.  I added some post-it notes where the front panels ended so I know where to stamp my sentiment.  


7.  Die cut the top layers of Garden Butterflies and the dragonfly from colored cardstock.  Then for the bottom, more solid layers, watercolor using the same color of ink.


8.  Die cut the Garden Flowers from same colors of cardstock plus Perfect Pear.


9.  I used sticky notes again on inside so I know where the solid card front panel ends then I glued my flowers and cut off the bottoms that overhung. 


10.  I gave the wings more dimension by bending the wings up while rolling the ends of wings around my finger, then I glued just the middle of bodies to the card front.  I then added some matching sequins to their bodies.  


and you have a beautiful acetate thank you card! ☺


Thanks so much for looking today!  I hope I've inspired you to get crafty with your favorite CottageCutz dies! 

~Kristine




♡  ♡  ♡
 Ink Something Crafty!