Hi crafty friends!
Mary is our Color Challenge hostess for CC972 at SplitcoastStampers this week and she chose
The dessert option is to add a shade of green or a scarecrow (I did both!) And as always, we can use neutrals.
1. Start with a Pumpkin Pie piece of cardstock cut at 4-1/4" x 10-1/2" and score along the longest side at 1/2”, 1 3/4”, 3 3/4”, and 5”.
2. Next, cut a piece of patterned paper with pumpkins on it (from the Grateful pack @La-La Land Crafts) cut at 4" x 5-1/4" and tape it to the largest section as shown.
3. Next, fold the bottom part up at the 3-3/4" score line and adhere another piece of coordinating patterned paper cut at 4" x 1-3/4" as shown below. Add a piece of Scor Tape to the top 1/2" tab.
4. Remove tape backing and with it in the position shown above, fold just that taped section under and rub to adhere. You can now stand it up and push the folded sections down so it creates a box like this...
5. Cut another piece of Pumpkin Pie c.s. that is 3" x 5-1/2" and score along the longest side at 1/2" and 1-3/4".
6. Cut a piece of white c.s. 2-3/4" x 3-3/4" -- Optional: emboss with an embossing folder of choice for added texture. Adhere to the largest section of the piece you just cut in step #5. Apply Scor Tape to the top 1/2" flap as shown below.
7. Remove tape backing and fold at the 2nd score line. Line the top fold up with the top center of card front as shown below. Press down and rub over where the tape is.
8. Lift up that panel as shown below and apply tape to the 1/2" flap.
9. Fold the bottom of card up so that the smaller patterned paper is up and you can see the plain orange section under it. Holding it down in this position, remove tape backing and fold panel down and press it onto the lower section that has the 2nd patterned paper on it (front of box)
It should now be able to stand like this...
*Optional: I decided I wanted more patterned paper on the top of those 2 solid c.s. pieces, so I cut one of the pumpkin patterns 4" x 1" and taped to that inner bottom section, and I cut the other pattern at 2-3/4" x 1" and adhered to the top section.
Now it's time to decorate! ☺
I die cut the Fall Scarecrow and Harvest Cornstalk from white cardstock and colored with Copic markers.
And last step is to add piece of white c.s. cut at 5-1/4" x 4" to the back to write your message.
It's official.... CUTEST SCARECROW die I've seen! ☺♥
Ink Something Crafty!