Shiny Ornament Fun Fold ☆ CottageCutz

Happy Friday friends!

Today I have a fun fold Christmas card featuring the new Christmas Ornament and Holly Frame from our 2023 Christmas Release!  There are 40 cute designs in this release and they are all 30% OFF for a limited time, so be sure to check it out here.  There's something for everyone to create your holiday greetings!


I really like this A2 sized Holly Frame!  I decided it would be fun to cut the middle out of my card front and have the focal image inside my card - not only inside, but on a pull out panel ☺


DESIGN STEPS:


I started by die cutting my Holly Frame from white cardstock and added twisted citron and mowed lawn Distress Oxide Inks.

I then cut a black card base at 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4" and glued frame to the front. 

Next, I cut out the black cardstock in the middle of my frame with a craft knife and ruler, leaving a tiny bit of a black border inside. 



Next, I cut the inside from white cardstock at 5-1/4" x 8" and scored the long side at 2" and 4" then mountain fold outer score line and valley fold center score line.  Glue just the larger section to the inside of card.  


I die cut the Christmas Ornament from white cardstock and sponged the same green ink to the top and bottom pieces.   I cut just the bow from red c.s. and the flower from holographic c.s.  I cut a tiny piece of gold foiled c.s. and die cut just the topper of the ornament, and the smaller flower was cut from green glittered c.s. 

I printed out some lines of Christmas text on my laser printer, then used my minc with some red toner reactive foil to hot foil the main ornament piece (using the negative) .


I assembled the ornament and then glued another one to the back just to make it more sturdy for the next part.  


I closed my card up, then I positioned my ornament right in the center of the window opening and glued JUST the right half of ornament to the right of score line.


This is how it looks when it's open.


I foiled a Holly Jolly Holidays sentiment in sparkly green foil on black cardstock and added to my card front.  


Done!



        


 Hope you are inspired today to get crafty with your favorite CottageCutz dies!

There's more inspiration and giveaways on their YouTube Channel!

♡  ♡  ♡
 Ink Something Crafty!