Fall Wagon Wheel Shaker ☆ CottageCutz


Happy Monday friends!

Today I have a  Fall shaker card using some brand new dies from the FALL 2023 RELEASE!  There are 15 designs in this release and they are all on sale!  Individual dies are 30% OFF and for a limited time only, you can get the whole bundle for 50% OFF!! 

This release has so many wonderful dies (I love Fall!)  and the first thing that came to mind when I saw the Fall Wagon Wheel and Fall Barrel dies was to create shaker cards!!  I decided to use them together and make the wheel into a shaker.  Super easy to do!  

All the patterned papers I used came from the Pumpkin Spice paper pad from Doodlebug Designs

PRODUCTS:

SUPPLIES:
Low-tack tape
Foam strips
Acetate or window sheet
Sequins or other shaker elements

DESIGN STEPS:

• Card Base is a 5-1/2" square card base in Pumpkin Pie cardstock and set aside until the end.

• Leafy paper is cut at 5-1/4" square.

• I die cut a square using the largest of the Pierced Square Set from the blue plaid and glued to the center of leafy paper.

• I also die cut a circle (not pictured below) using the 4th largest of the Pierced Circle set from the green plaid paper that will be the back inside of the shaker.


• I die cut the Wagon Wheel from 2 shades of brown/tan and the Barrel from white and the same 2 shades of brown.  I then colored the white leaves and sunflowers.  I also die cut "fall" from the Fall Phrases from orange and brown cardstock. 


• I glued the leaves behind the barrel and then to the bottom left of my plaid square.


• Next, I taped (with low-tack tape) the 5th largest Pierced Circle slightly overlapping the barrel, then die cut thru all layers.


• I glued the larger outer wheel on top of die cut opening, then the smaller wheel on top.


 • On the back, I added Scor Tape all around the wheel, then removed backing and add the window sheet.  

***TIP:  running a used dryer sheet over the acetate will help prevent sequins from sticking!


• I added 1/8" foam strips closely around the circle opening and all around the edges... then can fill in with a few strips.  


• Add sequins or other shaker elements 


• Add your circle shaker backing to lock in the sequins.


• Apply glue to the back of the shaker part and remove backing of foam strips and center it onto card front.

• Add Sunflowers and "Fall" and glue the wagon wheel center to the wheel.


and done!  

B
  

    


 
 Ink Something Crafty!
♡  ♡  ♡
~Kris