Safari Adventures ☆ CottageCutz


CottageCutz has some really fun dies!  Today's card is made with some dies from their Safari collection.  I was not on their design team when this was released, so I recently picked up a few (and now I want the rest, especially the Safari Phrases) but anywho, here's how this card came together 😊

DESIGN STEPS:

1.  I started with an A2 side-folding card in Crumb Cake cardstock.  

2.  Next I cut a piece of Pecan Pie cardstock at 5-1/4" x 4" and die cut an oval using the Pierced Oval Set.  I then used a stencil (Fiesta Time Stencil by Heffy Doodle)  to emboss that layer, then brushed Distress Oxide ink lightly over the embossed parts.


3.  I cut a piece of jungle patterned paper (from the Tropical Brights papers by Divinity Designs)  a bit smaller than the top layer and glued it to the center of my card front.  

4.  I added foam tape to the back of top layer and adhered to card front.



5.  Next, I die cut the Safari Adventure Gang and Safari Cruiser with Banner from white cardstock and colored all the pieces with Copic markers and Distress inks. 


6.  I stamped a sentiment (from the Travel Piggies set by La-La Land Crafts) onto the Pecan Pie cardstock in Versamark and embossed in white.  I layered it onto a blue c.s. that I inked with Distress inks and fishtail cut each end.  I then adhered it with foam strip.  

7.  I tucked the giraffe under the oval frame as well as some of the leaves and glued the others on top.  And that completes my card. 



   

 ~  Ink Something Crafty ☺