4th of July Camper ☆ CottageCutz


Happy Monday friends!

Today's card features the Patriotic Camper and Happy 4th of July Phrase from the NEW PATRIOTIC RELEASE at the Scrapping Cottage.... just in time for those 4tof July celebrations, scrapbook layouts etc!  The Bundle is currently 40% off, and the individual dies from this release are 30% off for a limited time!  

*I should note .... this release (as well as the new Folk Art release) has a different style of dies than the normal CottageCutz dies.  They are all separate dies that you cut apart (or bend til they break apart) and can be stored on magnetic sheets to keep them all together.  

DESIGN STEPS:

I started with a 5-1/2" square card base and layered a piece of red/white striped paper that was cut to 5-1/4" square.  I then cut a white "frame" by die cutting the largest die from the Nested Wacky Stitched Rectangles (using the extend-a-die technique) to make it square.  I then cut a smaller square out of the middle of it.


I used the square that was cut from the middle of my frame to sponge clouds and add ground with Distress Oxide inks.  


Next, I die cut my Patriotic Camper and Happy 4th of July Phrase in red, white and blue cardstocks and assembled images.  I sponged the blue windows and door, and blue banner pieces, then adhered the camper to my cloud stenciled layer and onto the front of my card.  


 Next, I popped up the frame with foam strips to give it more dimension and placed it around the camper. 


And lastly, I glued my phase to the popped up frame and added some white gel pen highlights to the lettering and the red curtains, and DONE!  


PRODUCTS I USED:

        

I hope you enjoyed my project today!   I wish you all a CRAFT-astic week ☺  

Happy Inking!
~Kristine