Melting Ice Cream Background Tutorial ♡ La-La Land Crafts
Hello crafty friends!
Today's tutorial is a quick, easy & vibrant background that I thought would look perfect for a unicorn ice cream party (keeping in line with our "SWEETS" theme this week)!
Pool Die (the larger splash die)
Greys: N0, N1, N2, N3, N4
Pinks: RV02, RV04
Yellows: Y13, Y19
Greens: YG03, YG13
Blues: BG53, BG45
Purples: V04, RV61
DISTRESS OXIDE INK COLORS:
Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Carved Pumpkin, Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry
1. I cut (2) pieces of smooth white cardstock at 5-1/4" x 4"
2. Using blender brushes, I added ink in circular motions and being mindful of which colors would blend well together (yellow + blue = green / blue + pink = purple, etc)
3. You don't have to fill the whole sheet on the 2nd piece as we'll be die cutting just the top part.
4. Using a small sprayer, I misted water over both sheets, then dabbed off on a paper towel.
5. Next, I got out my white acrylic paint, a dish of water and a lid.
6. I mixed some water into the white paint on lid and using my paintbrush, I spattered both sheets.
7. I'm too impatient to let it dry, so I used my heat gun to dry the white paint
8. Next, I die cut the Paint Drip Border from the 2nd sheet (that I didn't ink up completely) and from a sparkly silver paper, I die cut the water splatter from the Pool Die.
9. I attached the paint drip border to the top of my full inky sheet.
10. I cut a piece of the silver glittery paper at 5-1/2" x 4-1/4"
11. I then glued the inky piece to the silver glittery piece and glued my splashes to the bottom of card front.
12. I stamped the sentiment in the Picked Raspberry DOI, and cut the words apart, mounted on pink c.s. and attached at the top with foam strips.
13. I stamped & colored 2 of the unicorns, fussy cut out and attached with foam dots.
14. I added some lime green glitter to the unicorn horns and white gel pen highlights to the paint drips and DONE!
Hop on over to the La-La Land Crafts BLOG or our FB Fan Group for more inspiration!
♥ ♥ ♥
*Affiliate links may be used at no additional cost to you.