Hello Friend Easel Card☆ CottageCutz

Hello Friends!  

Today's card is an easel card featuring the new Spring Birdhouse Cup from CottageCutz' Spring/Easter Release.  All the individual dies from this release are still 30% Off for a limited time!  I also used some Doodlebug Design papers that were meant for Fall, but I just LOVE the colors so I went with it.  These birds are so cute, and what a fun idea for a birdhouse---out of a cup?!  I actually have a collection of birdhouses, but not quite like this one ☺   


and here's what it looks like closed (taking it out of the envelope)


Design Steps:

I cut my magenta card base at 5-1/2" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2" and at 2-3/4".

I cut (2) pieces of patterned paper at 5-1/4" x 2-1/2" and glued onto the front of card.

I die cut the largest scalloped circle from the Nested Scallop Circle Set
and I die cut the 2nd largest die from the Pierced Circle Set and glued onto the scalloped circle.


I die cut the Spring Birdhouse Cup from white cardstock as well as a red/white polka-dot paper.  I then colored my pieces with Copic markers.


I sponged some Peacock Feathers (Distress Oxide Ink) onto my white circle and then assembled my die cut elements onto it.


I then added foam strips on the back LOWER HALF of my circle piece and attached to the center of my card front.

For the INSIDE of card:

I cut (2) pieces of white cardstock (for writing a message) at 5-1/4" x 2-1/2" and taped to upper 2 portions.

I cut a piece of patterned paper at 5-1/4" square and taped to lower half.

I cut a piece of green cardstock at 5-1/4" x 1-3/4"

I cut a piece of white cardstock at 5-1/4" x 1-1/2" and stamped a sentiment and some leaves, then taped it onto the green piece.

*Important!!  I then added foam tape to the back of sentiment piece and attached to inside - it acts as an easel top prop up the front of my card.  



PRODUCTS USED:
  

I hope you enjoyed my card today!

Remember, all the individual dies in the Spring/Easter Release are still 30% OFF for a limited time!


~Kristine