Butterfly Thoughts ☆ CottageCutz
Today's card features some of the dies from the new Spring Release at the Scrapping Cottage, all of which are currently 30% off! I've listed and linked all the CottageCutz dies I used at the end of my post.
• I cut a pc of black cardstock to 6" x 9" and scored the 9" side at 4-1/2" for a side folding card.
• I cut a pc of Soft Suede cardstock at 5" x 3-1/2" and layered onto black.
• I die cut the 3rd largest Pierced Oval from white cardstock
---TIP: after die cutting the shape and before I took it out of the die, I ran my scoring tool (small ball end) around the inside of the die. This gives a much deeper embossing than running it thru machine with embossing mat.
here are the results 👍
(although, most of my oval ends up covered up, but it's still pretty!
• I stamped a sentiment onto the white oval. I didn't use my MISTI and I think the sticker was a bit crooked so I got it a bit crooked too. Clear stamps are so much easier to position than these rubber ones! To rectify that, I could have stamped first, then die cut 2nd (hindsight!) ☺
• I die cut my flowers and leaves from colored cardstock. I ended up cutting more than what's pictured here because I never know how much I want to use until I start gluing things down.
• For my butterfly, I die cut it from a burgundy c.s. then I laid that over some pink c.s. and trimmed with my scissors a slight angle inward so the pink ends up a tiny bit smaller than the top one. Then I glued it under my die cut butterfly.
PRODUCTS I USED:
Just a couple of reminders:
• All the products in our Spring/Easter Release are 30% OFF!
• We're having a DESIGN TEAM CALL here!