Floating Shadowbox ☆ CottageCutz


Today's card is a Floating Sentiment Shadowbox type card or as I like to call it a Bendy card.     I've used the Flowers & More Release at CottageCutz.

This style is very easy to make, but if you'd like to watch a video, Jennifer McGuire recently shared this one and I was inspired to try it for my card this week. 

How I made it:

1.  I cut a white card base at 5" x 10" and scored at 5 inches.  

2.  I cut another piece of white cardstock at 5" x 7" and scored along the 7" side at 1/2" and 1" on both ends.  Accordion folded them and burnished.

3.  I stenciled a background with the Plaid stencil from the Daisies on My Mind Stencil set (La-La Land Crafts) with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink.


4.  I die cut a circle from the center of that piece using the 2nd largest Pierced Circle set.


5.  Next, I die cut my flowers ( Flower 1Flower 6and Flower 7 ) from white cardstock and added Distress Oxide ink in Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Carved Pumpkin, Twisted Citron, and then I added some shading to the leaves with a Copic marker. 

6.  I then placed them around the opening and glued them down.


7.  I stamped & embossed my "Happy" sentiment and die cut the "Birthday" from the Happy Birthday w/ Shadow die.  

8.  I cut a strip of window sheet about 4-3/4' x 1-1/2" and added Scor Tape to each end.


9.  I then taped the window sheet to the back of my flower layer, in the center.


10.  I attached my sentiment pieces to the front of the window sheet.  I ended up cutting off one of the limbs from the stem on the left so it didn't cover up my sentiment too much. 

11.  I then tried out different colors of cardstock as my backdrop for my flowers and decided on this light teal color.  I cut it to 3-7/8" x 4-7/8" and set it aside.  *This is not attached to the front floral panel.


12.  I added Scor Tape to the 1/2" scored flaps of the flower panel piece and lined them up with the side edges of my card front.  I love how it causes the front panel to dome out! ☺

13.  I then added glue to the backside of my blue panel and inserted it between my front floral panel and the card front so that the 4-7/8" is vertical.  


Done!


PRODUCT I USED:

        


Thanks for taking a peek!  I hope you are inspired to get creative with your favorite CottageCutz dies!

~Kristine