Heartfelt Sympathy ☆ CottageCutz
I have a sympathy card to share today in toned down neutral colors with a pop of teal and gold --- and I kinda love this combo! What do you think?
The flowers and leaves on my card are from the new Flowers & More Release at CottageCutz, and are all on sale for 30% off right now!
There's also a President's Day SALE going on thru Friday!! Save up to 70% off!! Shop early for best assortment ☺
I used a past Color Challenge on SCS (CC883)
(I used Soft Suede instead of cinnamon)
CUTTING & SCORING:
- Sand-colored Card Base = Cut 9-1/2" x 6" - then score the longest edge at 4-3/4"
- Soft Suede Cardstock = Cut 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"; --Die cut largest Nested Stitched Scalloped Circle die
- White Cardstock = Die cut 2nd largest Nested Wacky Stitched Circle die; Cut 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (inside for message)
- Patterned Paper (Teal, SU!)) = Cut 4" x 5-1/4"
1. I embossed my teal patterned paper with a Parisian 3D embossing folder, and attached to Suede card panel (4-1/4" x 5-1/2")
2. I stamped a sentiment (from the Sorry For Your Loss Stamp Set at Divinity Designs) on my white circle, then sponged some Gathered Twigs distress ink to tone down the white. I glued it onto the scalloped circle, then onto my card front, over to the right edge.
3. I die cut Flower 3, Flower 5, Leafy Branches 1, 2, and 3, and the Butterfly Kayla from white cardstock and then added distress inks to color them; Gathered Twigs for branches & butterfly body.... Peacock Feathers for the blossoms and butterfly wings... Broken China for smallest blossom center.
4. I figured out placement of everything and glued in place, then adhered panel to the center of my card base.
5. And lastly, I spattered some metallic gold acrylic paint over my leafy branches (mostly). I love the look this gives for a nice finishing touch.
Here's one more look of the finished card...
COTTAGECUTZ PRODUCTS USED:
Want more CottageCutz inspiration?
Watch CottageCutz channel here.
See more Design Team inspiration at the Scrapping Cottage Blog here.