Floral Birthday Card ☆ CottageCutz
Happy Monday crafty friends!
I have a super easy floral birthday card using Flower 1 and Flower 2 from the new "Flowers & More" Release! I do love the larger size of these flowers as they are super easy to color and assemble. This card today was pretty quick and I'll tell you how I made it.
This is an A2 top folding card, but with part of each side cut off the front for a different look☺
CUTTING & SCORING:
Yellow Cardstock = 4-1/4" x 11"
- score at 5-1/2" (card base)
- Cut 1" off each side of the card front, just up to the score line.
White Cardstock = 5-1/4" x 2" (inside panel)
- die cut a circle using 4th largest Pierced Circle Set
*Tip - this would look great using ovals instead of circles - I used what I had.
Coral Cardstock = die cut a scalloped circle using the 2nd largest from the Nested Stitched Scalloped Circle Set
Paper Paper Green (center panel) = cut at 2" x 5-1/4"
Patterned Paper Floral (sides) = cut (2) that are 3/4" x 5-1/4"
1. Open your card and attach the 2 floral pieces to each side, leaving equal border all around.
2. Stamp a sentiment if you wish on the white panel and attach to the center inside of card.
3. Close card and attach your green patterned paper to the front center panel.
4. Stamp on white circle if you wish and glue to the coral scalloped circle, then onto the center panel of card front.
5. Die cut your flowers from white cardstock and add Distress inks with a blending brush. (I used Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Abandoned Coral, and Candied Apple for the flowers, and I used Old Paper, Shutters, and Mowed Lawn for the stems/leaves.) Assemble the pieces.
6. *Optional: Next, I spattered some metallic gold paint (mixed with a tiny bit of water) for a shiny distress look.
7. And attach to your center panel. Embellish with enamel dots or gems if you wish, and done!
These make quick and pretty cards that you can make in a short time.
The individual dies in this release are all 30% off! ☺
They are FANTASTIC for birthdays, weddings, sympathy... you name it! A great staple to have in your stash of dies!
PRODUCTS I USED:
Thanks so much for looking today!! Happy INKing ☺