Happy New Year crafters!
You may have noticed I've been MIA this past week--- 2022 didn't end so well for me as I ended up with COVID and am still pretty sick and feeling very weak. However, I do have a card to share that I made before I got sick.
I have a feeling we're in for a very long cold winter here, so I decided to make a cute Snowman Slimline Shaker card for Valentine's Day using the Snowmen Friends and the Cookies & Cocoa CottageCutz dies from the Scrapping Cottage. I've also used the Whimsical Hearts Slimline die as I thought with so many open spaces it would be perfect for a shaker card! (See product list at end for a full list with links.)
- CUTTING -
Dark Teal Cardstock
• 8" x 9" and score the 8" side in half for a top folding horizontal base.
• Whimsical Hearts Slimline (try to keep the hearts in place after they're cut)
Pixie Pink Cardstock
• Whimsical Hearts Slimline (punch out all hearts)
Patterned paper (teal with white grid)
• 3-3/8" x 8-3/8" (for background behind the sequins)
• 8-3/8" x 8-3/8"
Light Teal Cardstock
• Stitched Hearts (2nd largest centered in middle of largest die to make a frame)
Dark Pink Cardstock
• Stitched Hearts (largest die)
- ASSEMBLY -
1. Teal Whimsical Hearts Slimline piece - punch out all the large and medium hearts, but try to keep all the tiny & small hearts in place.
- Turn piece onto backside and place a small dot of glue onto each tiny & small heart.
- Place acetate onto back of teal piece and press down where glued hearts are.
- Turn piece over and carefully lift off the Teal background, leaving the tiny/small hearts
2. Pixie Pink Whimsical Hearts Slimline piece - add glue to the backside and place carefully onto front of acetate, lining up the teal hearts.
- Glue in any remaining tiny/small hearts that may not have stuck or that fell out after die-cutting so that all the tiny/small hearts are filled in and all the medium/large hearts are empty.
3. Turn Pink piece onto backside and add 1/8" foam strips all along the 4 edges, getting very close to the edge, but not past it.
- Remove backing from foam strips.
- Add shaker elements (ie. sequins, glitter, beads, etc)
4. With your patterned paper piece turned upside-down, carefully fit it onto the top of foam strips, lining up the edges.
5. Add tape or glue to back of shaker and center it onto card front.
6. Add dimensional tape or foam strips to back of Light Teal heart frame and adhere to Dark Pink heart.
7. Color Cocoa mug, and 2 of the Snowmen and pop them onto heart with foam tape.
8. Glue the white "Sweet" onto it's black shadow and adhere to the top left of large heart.
- Adhere hearts to middle of shaker.