Jolly Valentine Gnome ☆ CottageCutz

Happy Monday crafters!

I have a cute slimline Valentine card I made using the Jolly Santa Gnome die from the Christmas 1 Release which I made into a Valentine Gnome ♥  I simply left off his white trim on his outfit, and exchanged the present & candy cane in his hands to hearts!  Getting creative with your dies and using for other seasons than what they were made for definitely gets you more bang for your buck!  


I used some cute papers from Doodlebug Designs behind the heart cut-outs.

All the CottageCutz dies I used on this card are also linked at the end of my post ☺

DESIGN STEPS:

• I die cut the Heart XO Windows Slimline die from light teal cardstock.

• I decided I wanted a li'l bit of a pink border so I cut my card base at 7-1/2" x 8-3/4" and scored the 7-1/2" side in half at 3-3/4"

• I cut each of 3 patterned papers at 2-3/4" x 3-1/4"


• I added tape behind each of the 3 patterned papers and attached to card front as pictured below (even amount of pink border around the outsides).

• I added foam strips to the backside of XO Heart Windows layer to give a bit of dimension to my card.  Then I centered onto card front.


•  Next, I die cut my Jolly Santa Gnome from white cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I die cut just the hat from a piece of patterned paper.  I then popped him onto the middle heart with foam strips.

•  I glued some random size hearts (left overs from cutting the Whimsical Hearts Slimline die) to the front.

•  And to finish it off, I die cut "Be Mine" from the Stitched Alphabet die and popped them up with foam strips.  ☺♥


PRODUCTS USED:

     

     

Thanks so much for peeking in today!  I hope I've inspired you to get creative with your CottageCutz dies!  Happy Crafting xo
~Kristine