Hello friends - welcome back on this inspirational Monday ☺
I have a Christmas card featuring the Holiday Dove w/ Floral die from the Christmas Part 2 release at The Scrapping Cottage!
I played in the color challenge at Splitcoast Stampers again (#CC921):
I got out my Let It Snow 6x6" paper pad from Doodle Bug Designs and found a paper that had all those cute colors in it! So even though it is flowery, I think it totally goes with this beautiful die!
Anything Goes with an optional twist: Use patterned paper
And I played in the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #187
CUTTING & SCORING:
• Thick White Cardstock - 5-1/2" square, top folding card base
• Flowery paper from Let it Snow - 5-1/4" square
• Pink Hearts paper (oldie from SU!) - 4-1/8" x 3-7/8"
• White Cardstock - Die cut largest of the Nested Scalloped Rectangles *With the extended cut technique to make it slightly larger than the Heart paper
• White Cardstock - Die cut the largest of the Nested Stitched Scallop Circles set
• Die cut the Holiday Dove w/ Floral from the following cardstock colors:
White / Granny Apple Green / Melon Mambo / Bermuda Bay
***Use my card photo at top to assemble your layers***
I colored the beak, flower centers and dove with Copic marker on the white die-cuts. Then I gave the Melon Mambo flowers some shadows with a Copic marker and white gel pen highlights.
I popped the dove onto my scalloped circle with foam dots and then I glued the branches and flowers behind.
I die cut the "peace" from the Peace and Joy Wreath and glued it to the bottom of the scalloped circle.
I finished it off with some pretty silver half beads. ☺
♥ ♥ ♥
If you haven't been to the store yet, NOW is a great time to shop!! All the Christmas Part 1 & Part 2 dies are on sale - 30% OFF!!
PRODUCTS I USED:
I hope you're inspired to create with your favorite CottageCutz dies!