Happy Monday crafters! ☺
I was inspired to make this treat holder from one of the new CottageCutz Christmas dies called Cookies & Cocoa! This holder is perfect for gifting a big cookie and a packet of hot cocoa mix for those friends and family who drop by during the holidays! They can easily be made up ahead of time so you have some on hand!
I recently saw this video by MayMay Made It and thought it was pretty cute, but it wasn't until I saw the Cookies & Cocoa die from CottageCutz that I remembered this li'l treat tote and how it would be perfect with these new Christmas dies!!
So I used the basic shape, but I changed up the measurements to suit my needs. I also came up with 2 styles of handles so your recipients can carry it with them. After I made the first one using the Ginger Friends, I decided it would be best to show you how I did it in a video (at end of this post). I used the Snowmen Friends on my 2nd one. Both versions use the Cookies & Cocoa die on one side.
backside of Holder #1...
Treat Holder #2...
Opposite Side of Holder #2...
*If you can't view it here, click HERE to view on Vimeo
CUTTING & SCORING:
(1) 4-1/4" x 11" -- scored at 5-1/2" (base)
(2) 6-1/4" x 4" -- with longest side at top of score board, score at 1/2" & 1" on each end. Turn so short side is at top of board and score at 1/2" & 1" on just one side. (pockets)
(1) 4-1/4" x 4" -- with 4" side at top of score board, score 1/2", 2", 3-1/2" (connector pc)
(2) Die cut middle sized from Pierced Wide Circle Frame set from thick white cardstock (handles)
(2) 3-7/8" x 5" (for top portions)
(2) Die cut 2nd largest of the Nested Wacky Stitched Rectangles set (for pockets)
I hope you are inspired to get crafty with your favorite CotageCutz dies! Have a blessed week ☺