Berry Bug Cupcakes

Hey there crafty friends!  I'm over on the CottageCutz blog today with a yummy slimline card, fit for a sweet ladybug on your card list!  I've used the Lady Bug Cupcake die and Berry Phrases from the new Strawberries & Bees Release!  


1.  I cut my card base from thick white cardstock at 8-1/8" x 6-1/4" and scored in half at 3-1/8".

2.  I die cut the Scalloped Stitched Rectangle Slimline from red cardstock.

3.  I die cut the Windows Slimline from light blue cardstock.

4.  I cut a piece of white cardstock at 7-7/8" x 2-7/8"

5.  On that single layer of white cardstock, I used a stencil and a blending brush to create clouds up top with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink, and then I added Twisted Lime Distress Oxide ink on the bottom for "grass"


6.  Next, I layered that panel to the center of my red scalloped panel.  Then I taped that onto the front of my card base.


7.  I added 1/8" thick foam adhesive strips to the back of my blue window frames.

*TIP:  
To get it on straight, I peeled all the backings off my foam tape and I put it on a wax sheet (the glossy ones that separate the magnet boards from Stamp-n-Storage) --- they work super well for this!! Once I get it centered and adhered at the top, I gently slip the waxy paper out and Voila! 


8.  I die cut my pieces from white cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  Then I glued all my cupcake pieces together.  


9.  All that's left is to add the CUTE images to my card front with foam tape!



10.  I also die cut some sentiments, but in the end, I couldn't fit them on the front so it was perfect for the INSIDE of my card ☺


Hop on over to the Scrapping Cottage blog to see how this card came together and for more inspiration from the team!


PRODUCTS I USED:

   

   


And here's the whole release!

Isn't this release SOO CUTE?!!  All items in this release are currently 30% OFF!

Happy INKing!