Mailbox Treat Box Tutorial
Hello crafters! It's my turn to host the Tutorial Thursday post at La-La Land Crafts When organizing my dies one day, I came across my Stitched Domes Die and thought they would be perfect for creating the front/back of a MAILBOX. So i came up with the measurements and am happy to share it with you all! This li'l box only takes 2 dies to make (one if you're good with an exacto knife!)... plus whatever else you want to use to decorate your box!
You'll find my video tutorial after my photos...
~ OODLES & POODLES OF LOVE ~
~ How cute are these poodles?!~
Double Stitched Dome Die (largest die)
Double Stitched Squares Die (smallest die)
--what I used to decorate my box--
Scalloped Dome Die (middle die)
Scalloped Rectangles Die (largest die)
Inverted Scallops Square Die (middle die)
Greys: W2, 3, 5
Pinks: R20, 21, 00, RV10
white gel pen ☺
*optional: small magnet
~ and now for the TUTORIAL ~
(SORRY for the weird blurring - I forgot to take it off auto-focus!
I'll remember to put the stabilizer on next time) ☺
CUTTING AND SCORING
- (1) CUT a 5” x 3-1/2” (mailbox floor)
- turn so the long side is at the top of your scoreboard SCORE 1/2” and 4-1/2” & burnish
- Angle all tabs
- (1) CUT a 8” x 4-1/2” (body of mailbox)
- Turn so the long side is at the top and SCORE 1/2” and 7-1/2” & burnish
- Then turn so the short side is at the top and SCORE 1/2” on just ONE of the long sides & burnish
- Angle tabs. Then on the LONG score, make cuts up to the score line spacing them about 1/2” apart across the length of strip.
- Cut off the 2 tabs on the ends and angle the rest of the small tabs.
- (1) CUT a 7” x 3-1/2” (mailbox post)
- Turn so the longest side is at the top and SCORE 3/4” and 6-1/4” & burnish
- Turn so the shortest side is at top and SCORE 3/4”, 1-1/2”, 2-1/4”, 3” & burnish
- CUT the 1/2” corner tab off each end.
- (1) CUT a 1-1/2" x 1/2” strip (pull tab for door)
- score at 1/2"
- (1) CUT a 3" x 3/8" strip (flag post)
- (1) CUT a 7-1/2” x 4” (base stand)
- Turn so longest side is at the top and SCORE at 1/2”, 3-1/2”, 4”, 7” & burnish
- Turn so shortest side is at the top and SCORE at 1/2” and 3-1/2” & burnish
- Cut out corners from just ONE short end.
- Find the middle of the 3” square (between the score lines) of the side that you cut the corners out of and place a mark.
- DIE-CUT a square using the smallest die in the Double Stitched Squares Die set, centering the die so your center mark is in the middle.
- (2) DIE-CUT domes using the middle-sized Double Stitched Dome Die (door and back)
- (1) DIE-CUT a rectangle using the smallest in the Double Stitched Rectangles Die set (flag)
♥ ♥ ♥
CARDMAKING & COLORING VIRTUAL WORKSHOP!
- Six Project Classes + Six Coloring Classes! That's TWELVE CLASSES in 2 DAYS!
- Project Kits INCLUDED!
- Crafty SWAG INCLUDED (NEW LLLC products and more)!
- This Virtual Workshop is OPEN TO EVERYONE, we will even ship internationally!
Thank you so much for visiting ... Happy Inking!
Note: This post may contain affiliated links at no cost to you. :)
I love your stunning Mailbox💖💖💖
You did a great job again👍