Hello and welcome back! I do want to say that I will try to switch things up with different brands of stamps/dies from time to time, but I must admit... I'm on a La-La Land roll here lately! Although, if my project inspires you... the sky's the limit with any stamps or dies! ***Pst there's a 25% off coupon at the end of this post***
This card was created for my daughter, who's a college student in Salt Lake City, but on the side is taking ice skating lessons and getting quite good at the spins and turns! So I used Figure Skater Marci digi stamp for this card.
I decorated the front to kinda resemble the area in Utah... which is huge for winter sports! And then the inside is the surprise! Here's a short clip of it...
The magic happens on the inside ... except that I messed up on my scoring lines, *I know I shouldn't point out my mistakes right?* But I wasn't following a tutorial, just looked at another similar card and made mine larger to suit this Marci stamp.
For the front I used the ink blending technique with the new Mountains Layering Stencil. I then spattered white acrylic paint for snow, then added some snowflake sequins just for a bit more "pop". I added a grassy border at the bottom to kinda ground the scene, using the Mushroom & Grass border die. Then I cut the sentiment strip using the Long Flags Die.
You can find this type of spinner card easily on YouTube. But here is what I did...
- card base was cut as 9" x 7" and scored at 4 1/2" (7" x 4 1/2" when closed)
- I cut a white sheet of cardstock at 6 3/4" x 8 3/4" and sponged clouds all over it using the Summer is Here Layering stencil.
- I then cut the largest die from the Scalloped Rectangle Dies from the middle of the cloud-sponged layer. To find the middle, I eyed it from top and bottom, and I counted the scallops and aligned the middle scallop with the score line and placed washi tape over the die before cutting.
- Next I created 2 more score lines so the middle portion pops out when you open the card. The wrong way to do this is by guessing! LOL! When I scored them 2" in on each side, the Marci stuck out (later after I added her to the center!) So, then I just scored from the top and bottom of the scalloped cut on each side.
- IF you'd like to decorate the center part of the card base layer that will show on the inside, now is the best time to decorate that.
- I printed 2 Figure Skater Marci's - one the original direction, and the 2nd I flipped horizontally.
- I colored them up exactly the same.
- Next, I flipped the cloud layer to the back and taped a piece of thread (use invisible thread, but not the stretchy jewelry making kind!) to the top and bottom score line so that the thread runs vertically thru center of card.
- Place one Marci upside down UNDER the thread, centering her between the diecut. Add tear n' tape and/or glue (I used both) to attach the thread to Marci.
- Adhere the other Marci face up on top of the other Marci so that the backs are glued together with the thread in between.
Here's a view from the top. I decorated with Snowflake Ornament Die, Stitched Trees Die, and for the ice rink, I used the new Wood Slice Die from this month's Club La-La Land Kit.
**Friday BEFORE Black Friday SALE! EARLY ACCESS!**
Get 25% OFF on all of our products with coupon code FBBF25 - no exclusions! no minimum purchase required!
Shop early for best selection -www.lalalandcrafts.com! :D
**valid November 19th - November 23rd
*promo code must be entered to receive a discount
*valid on in-stock items only
*not valid on previous orders
*cannot be combined with other offers/discounts
*not valid on Crossover machine
*not valid on Club La-La Land Crafts kits and subscriptions
*not valid on Classes and Events*