Magical Rain Shaker Card

Did you all get crafty yesterday for "World Carkmaking Day"???  I made this really fun interactive card  - my first time making a Magical Raining Shaker Card!  And October's Digi-of-the-Month at Imagine That Digistamp (Lizzy's Umbrella) was the perfect image for it!  


Magic rain shaker card, imagine that digistamp, magical rain shaker

I debated on whether to put the sentiment on the front or the inside... my hubby said the front, so there it is!  :)  I had fun creating the backdrop for this card!  I started out sponging ink with SU!'s Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, and graduated to Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape at the top.  I then spattered ink by dipping a paint brush in water and then in ink that I had dabbed onto an acrylic block and tapped the brush to make the spatters.  I then did the same with some white craft ink.

To create the "magical rain" I added some foam tape to the top and bottom of my card.  And since I used seed beads that were slightly larger than I should have, I had to double up on the foam tape to get it the right height.   If your tape is lower than your beads quite a bit, they won't slide as well.  I then marked in pencil about every 1/4 inch top and bottom and that's where I laid my strings of beads and I pushed the string into the foam tape.  Next I added 2 more layers of foam tape to top and bottom and added my embossed clouds and image.  

You can search YouTube for Magical Rain Shaker Cards and several videos will pop up.  They do take a bit of time stringing those beads, but it wasn't bad.   Is this something YOU will try??

♥ ♥ ♥

Stamps: (ITD) -  Lizzy's Umbrella

Dies & Punches: (MFT) - Stitched Cloud dies, Outside the Box Level up dies

Paper & Ink: (SU!) - Basic White, Highland Heather cardstock; Highland Heather, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Gorgeous Grape classic inks; White Craft ink

 Extras: (Hildie & Jo) - nylon monofilament;  (John Bead) - Czech seed beads in crystal AB; (3M) foam tape; (?) - paint brush, water


 ~ Happy Inking :)