Fun with Magic Iris Cards

I made my first Magic Iris cards this week :)  Lawn Fawn has some really fantastic interactive die sets, so I added a few to my collection and here are 3 cards I created with them!


For this first one (pic above), I used Lawn Fawn's Magic Iris die set + the Magic Iris Add-On + the Birdhouse Add-On.  The smaller birds and tree limb came from another die set called Center Picture Window Card Heart Add-On.  The Snowflakes are from SU!'s Christmas Layers dies (retired) and the stitched cloud is from SU!'s Give it a Whirl die set.   The sentiment inside the Magic Iris is from Lawn Fawn's Magic Holiday Messages stamp set.  I gave it a li'l highlighting with my white gellyroll pen.

For my 2nd card (pic above) I used Lawn Fawn's brand new Inside Out Stitched Snowflake die + their "Free with $60 order" stamp set called Say What, Holiday Critters + Magic Iris dies + Magic Iris Add-On die set.  The plaid paper on my card base was one of the loose papers they added to my order for free as well.  

For my main layer, I blended ink in SU!'s Coastal Cabana, Pacific Point, and Night of Navy, then spattered ink drops in same colors.  Then I spattered some white acrylic paint for "snow" and once dried I stamped my sentiment in black.  For the inside layer, I stamped the cute critters and speech bubble/sentiment.  Then I colored with Copics, masked them and sponged the bg in same inks as I did on the main layer.  

For my 3rd card (pic above and below) I sponged clouds on main layer using MFT's Cloud stencil, then I spattered white acrylic paint, dipped in a li'l water, to make "rain".  I then cut out my layer using the Magic Iris Add-On die.  For the iris mechanism, I put the 3 sausages in the closed position and taped it down to my work desk with temporary tape.  Then I laid my main layer over it and lined up the cloud stencil to match the main layer, then carefully removed the main layer and sponged my clouds so they look continuous on the magic iris.  :)  

I printed the Piggy Tulip Boot Planter from Imagine That Digistamp and colored with Copics, cut it out and popped it up with dimensionals on the front.  For inside the magic iris, I printed a sentiment and rainbow from October's Digi-of-the-Month set, Lizzy's Umbrella.  

For the inside of my card (pic below), I printed off the girl and duck image from Lizzy's Umbrella and created a li'l pop up tab and taped behind her so she pops up when you open the card. Clouds and Sun dies are from LaLa Land Crafts.  The bottom of the inside has a nice open space to write a message.


♥ ♥ ♥

Stamps & Stencils: (Imagine That DS) -  Lizzy's Umbrella, Piggy Tulip Boot Planter;  (Lawn Fawn) - Magic Holiday Messages, Say What? Holiday Critters; (MFT) - Clouds Stencil

Dies: (Lawn Fawn) - Magic Iris, Magic Iris Add-On, Birdhouse Add-On, Inside Out Stitched Snowflake, Center Picture Window Card Heart Add-On; (LLLC) - clouds & sun dies; (SU!) - Christmas Layers dies (retired), Give it a Whirl dies (just a cloud)

Paper & Ink: (SU!) - Thick Basic White, Misty Moonlight cardstock; Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue classic inks; Memento Tuxedo Black ink

 Extras: ; (3M) foam tape; (?) - paint brush, water; (SU!) - glue dots


 ~ Happy Inking :)