Slimline Feeling Fall

 Hi friends!  I'm sharing my 3rd ever slimline card today, this time featuring the Sweater Weather on Safari stamps/dies for the August Slimline Challenge and this week's sketch challenge at My Favorite Things!

Slimline MFT Sweater Wheather on Safari

I started with a white slimline 110 lb. heavy white cardstock.  Then I cut a rectangle mask out of copy paper and taped it over the base using Post-It tape (low-tack tape).  I then sponged on grass on lower third then yellow, orange, and just a tad bit of pink passion at the top using blending brushes. 

Then I removed the mask and added some grass that I die-cut using Slimline Grassy Hills dies and taped them on.  The tree (isn't is pretty?!) is from LaLa Land Crafts several years ago when I was a Design Team member, so not sure if it's still available or not. I then stamped the sentiment and coffee beans onto the bg and grass.  And lastly, I stamped, colored with Copics, and die-cut the safari animals.  The tiger and elephant are glued flat to b.g., and the zebra and giraffe are attached with foam tape.  

Pretty simple!  I'm really liking slimline cards, but figure I'll want to purchase some slimline border dies soon.  Guess I need to win some more challenges to afford my ever-growing wishlist!:) 

 ♥ ♥ ♥

Stamps: (MFT) - Sweater Weather on Safari



 Extras: (SU!) - Stampin' Dimensionals;  (Copic & Artist's Loft) - alcohol markers; (?) - white gel pen


 ~ Happy Inking :)