Merry Moose Spinner Card

 Hello my crafty peeps!  Today I have another challenge throwdown from my sister... this time she challenged me to use SU! Merry Moose and make a spinner card.  She never said it had to be Christmas, so I changed it up to make a Fall Birthday-themed card. 

There are many different styles of 'spinner' cards out there.  She was thinking of a penny spinner, and I did too at first, but then I thought why would a moose spin?  Leaves would spin around like they toss and turn in the wind, so I got my leaf and tree stamps out from SU! Cuckoo for You set.  And then the thought came to me of this other style of card I tried before, and honestly, this style of 'spinner' I would say is more of a turn-table card as it doesn't automatically spin with just a movement of the card, you have to manually turn the wheel with by pushing the images around.  But, I suppose it prolly falls into the spinner category.  

I followed Ilda's video tutorial, although it was challenging as she fast forwarded it a li'l too much and was difficult to really see how the ring mechanism worked, but after lots of rewinding etc, I managed to get it.  

(to view this full screen, click the square icon in bottom right corner of video)


I did decide after I made the card that it needed a sentiment on the front, but I couldn't add any layers because the trees on the wheel would hit that c.s. sticking up, so I went out on a limb and tried stamping it on.  The "Warm Birthday" stamped fine, but the "Greetings" did not.  So I had to stamp it again and did not use my stamp positioner tool (SLAP!!)  and the stamp is rubber, so I didn't get it perfect and it created a "double image" in brown, so I just went over the shadow with white gel pen and Wha-La!  Fixed that boo-boo!  :)  

What do ya think?

♥ ♥ ♥

Stamps: (SU!) - Merry Moose; Cuckoo For You (both retired)

Dies & Punches: (SU!) - Cuckoo for You dies (r); Moose punch (r); (Spellbinders) - Layered Circle dies

Paper & Ink: (SU!) - Basic White cardstock; Brights DSP; Memento Tuxedo Black ink 

 Extras: (SU!) - Stampin Dimensionals, (Copic & Artist's Loft) -  alcohol markers


Thanks for takin' a peek!  ~ Happy Inking