MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 545

 Hey friends!  Today's card uses the new Wednesday Sketch Challenge at My Favorite Things and Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge: Create a Scene!

I really like this sketch - so many things you can do with this one!  And be sure to go check out the MFT Design Team's card samples for this sketch for more inspiration!

Here is the sketch - I turned it clockwise 90 degrees

How I made my card:

I started with a white piece of cardstock and stamped the li'l shooting stars randomly, then I filled in the stars with some masking fluid and once that dried, I then sponged my clouds over the whole layer.  Then I rubbed the masking fluid off the stars and colored them with Y11 (Canary) alcohol marker.  

Next, I cut out my rainbow in the various colors and glued them down to the rainbow maker base and glued flat onto my cloud layer.  I added dimensionals to the back of the clouds.  I then stamped my sentiment on black with VersaMark ink and embossed with white e.p.  I then punched the ends with the Banners Pick-a-Punch (SU!).  The pink heart on sentiment was punched using the Dog Builder punch (SU!) and added a lil white resin heart to the middle.  I then added dimensionals to the back of the sentiment, just on the sides... left the middle open since it was covering the rainbow.  

Next I stamped the li'l dog from Unicorns & Glitter stamp set and fussy cut him out (this set has matching dies that I'm dying to get... hoping to win a challenge so I can afford my wishlist, *wink*)
And then I added 2 layers of dimensionals on the back of the dog so he's higher than the already popped up clouds.  

The purple cluster of stars were an after-thought, but was easy to add randomly.  I actually needed to hide a lil spot of masking fluid that had dried in an unexpected place and I didn't notice til I had my card put together, so the star cluster hid that spot really nicely :)  💜⭐

♥ ♥ ♥

Stamps & Stencils: (MFT) - Unicorns & Glitter


Paper: (SU!) - Basic White, Black, & Pink Passion cardstock

Ink & Extras: (SU!) - Orchid Opulence classic ink; Tuxedo Black Memento ink; Blending Brushes; Stampin' Dimensionals, (Scotch) AGT tape, 3M double-sided foam tape; (Copic & Artist's Loft) alcohol markers


Thanks for visitng ~ Happy Inking :)