Goin' Buggy with MFT Sketch 546

 Hello friends - What's the Buzz?  Today's card features my own "Goin' Buggy" digital stamp set and this week's Sketch Challenge #546 at My Favorite Things blog.


Here's the sketch

How I made my card:

I started with a 5 1/2" square piece of white cardstock.  Then I used the slimline grassy hills dies (cut from white scrap carstock) to use as a stencil for the bottom 1/3 of card.  Then I used the Cloud stencils for the top 2/3 of card.  Then I cut the circles out, starting with the center top circle and measuring to find the center of the card horizontally towards top and bottom of card.  Then I cut the side sections out.  

Next, I cut my card base out of the Coastal Cabana cardstock at 5.5" x 11" and scored it in half.  Then I placed (not glued) my top piece with the holes cut out of it on top of card and adhered with some very low tac tape (post-it note tape!).  Then I taped my circles back into the empty spots lining up so they match the cloud and grass patterns.  Then I added foam tape all over the back of the larger front piece so it pops up a bit from the circles.  

Next I printed out my bug images and colored them with Copics.  I added some Wink of Stella to the Bees wings.  Then I popped them up onto the circles with foam dimensionals and same with the sentiment.  Easy peasy!  :)  

*NOTE:  my background turned out quite a bit darker than I wanted.  I think I need to practice more with stencils and ink AND invest in some lighter, brighter shades of ink.  Seems SU! ink colors have gone darker recently.  I'm liking the MFT inks and may invest in some of them soon.  

 ♥ ♥ ♥

Stamps & Stencils: (Imagine That Digistamp) - Goin' Buggy; (MFT) - Cloud Stencil & Rolling Cloud Stencil

Dies & Punches: (MFT) - Slimline Grassy Hills - I cut them out and used as a stencil; (SU!) - Stitched Shapes dies (retired), Banners Pick a Punch

Paper: (SU!) - Basic White & Basic Black, Coastal Cabana cardstock

Ink & Extras: (SU!) - Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green classic inks; Stampin' Dimensionals; Wink of Stella glitter brush; (Scotch) AGT tape; (Copic & Artist's Loft) alcohol markers; (Lawn Fawn) Post-it Note tape


 ~ Happy Inking :)