Enjoy the Waves

 Hello crafty peeps!  I found a new (to me) challenge called The Spot and this week's challenge is to use stencils as main image, so I had fun creating this scene with the sun rays stencil in my stash! 


There's so many ways I could have made this into an interactive card, but I've made quite a few of those recently, so today I just wanted to keep it simple and see where my mojo took me.  Of course, Pinterest provides some great inspiration for card designs, and I had saved some ideas using the sun rays stencils and beach waves when I remembered I had drawn this Beach Floaty Girl back in 2015 and thought how fun it would be to pair it with my Under the Sea (fish & dolphin) digis! The sentiment is from my Beach Blanket Girl (also from 2015).  All digis used here are still available in my shop - and ON SALE!  (see links below)  You can also see more samples on the store blog here.

I used white cardstock for everything except the pink base and used blending brushes to add the ink. The sun ray stencil I used came from one of the Paper Pumpkin kits from this year called, Here's to You - March 2021. I don't have wave stencils or dies yet, but thought these Stitched Snow Drifts dies from My Favorite Things would work just as well. The Stitched Clouds came from Stampin' Up!'s "Give it a Whirl" dies (LOVE the dies included!!), and I used SU!'s "Stitched Rectangle Dies" around the layers.

The bottom of the dolphin is taped down and the back blue layer is taped down.  The Clouds, fish, girl and the front blue layer are all popped up with either dimensionals, or foam tape.  Images colored with Copics and Artist's Loft alcohol markers.  

 ♥ ♥ ♥

Stamps & Stencils: (Imagine That Digistamp) - Beach Floaty Girl, Beach Blanket Girl, Under the Sea digital stamps; (Stampin' Up! - Paper Pumpkin, March 2021) - sun rays stencil 
 
Dies & Punches: (My Favorite Things) - Stitched Snow Drifts dies; (Stampin' Up!) - Rectangle Stitched dies; Give it a Whirl dies

Paper: (SU!) - Basic White & Pixie Pink cardstock

Ink & Extras: (SU!) - Cool Caribbean, Coastal Cabana, Pacific Point, Daffodiil Delight classic inks; Stampin' Dimensionals, (Scotch) AGT tape, 3M double-sided foam tape; (Copic & Artist's Loft) alcohol markers

CHALLENGES: 

Thanks for looking ~ Happy Inking :)