Best Catch Ever - Spinner Card

 Hello all!  First of all.... woot!  I just saw that I won a $50 gift voucher to My Favorite Things for being their random winner in the last color challenge!  The winner announcement and their new current color challenge can be found HERE!  

Today's card is made with a FREE stamp set that I got for ordering $60 or more on my last order with MFT and it's called "Best Catch Ever."  I decided to make an easy spinner card for my 3-year old great nephew as he loves fishing with his Papa (grandpa) at their summer coast home. 

Here's a short clip of the spinner in action...

(to view it larger, click the square icon in the bottom right corner of video)


I decided to go with a spinner disc instead of a slider because I didn't want him to have to try to figure out how to make it go (since he's only 3) and a spinner disc allows the whale to move as soon as it comes out of the envelope.   He's gonna love it!  ♥

With my $50 gc, I decided to get the matching dies to this "Best Catch Ever" stamp set, along with a waves stencil.  For my card, I used some cloud dies, cut them out of cardstock and turned it upside down as a stencil for the waves.  It works!  But, it'd be nice to use a wave stencil, and with FREE MFT money to use, why not?!  :)  I'm so giddy with excitement that I won.  Thank you, MFT random selector!  

I also ordered some new stamps from their current Vault Release!!  I will show you what I ended up getting in an upcoming post.  But you can go see for yourself all the AWESOME Birdie Brown stamps and dies that are now available for a limited time! 

 ♥ ♥ ♥

Stamps & Stencils: (MFT) - Best Catch Ever

Dies & Punches: (MFT) - Stitched Rolling Cloud Edges Dies - used as a stencil;  (SU!) - Stitched Rectangles dies; Stitched Shapes dies (retired)


 Extras: (MFT) Spin & Slide Discs; (SU!) - Foam Adhesive Strips; (Copic & Artist's Loft) alcohol markers; (Lawn Fawn)  Post-it Adhesive Roll

 ~ Happy Inking :)