Pretty Perennials - Happy Crafters Demo Swap #2

Today I'm sharing my swap cards from the Jan-June 2021 mini catalog demo swap.   All of Joanne Maddi's downline are in a private FB group and get the chance to join in these new catalog swaps!  This time we were asked to CASE one project from either the mini or Sale-abration catalogs.  I chose to use "Pretty Perennials" from page 31 of the Jan-June 2021 catty.  

(keep scrolling to see ALL of the girls' beautiful cards!)

I ended up with 2 versions of the same card.  The card above is not my first try, but it's the one I like the best, so I'm showing it first 😋

When I started CASEing the card from the catty, I was feeling pretty confident about the colors and then I figured, I'll just use the OSW (one sheet wonder) technique and then cut my sheet in quarters and wha-la!   I did end up with more white space than I liked, so I added in a smaller flowers in Highland Heather to fill gaps.  Half way through making 11 cards, I decided to look up the recipe that was actually used in the catalog from the Demonstrator site and found I was using Pool Party and it should have been Coastal Cabana.  

So for the remaining cards....

  • I switched to Coastal Cabana which makes the embossed white word/s stand out more
  • I started stamping just one card front at a time after they were cut and I realized I had so much more control over which flowers were going where than with the OSW and I love the results!
  • I switched sentiments to Happy Birthday
  • I changed the filler to the flower center rather than a spatter background (I like the spatter better)
  • I added some Holiday Rhinestone basic jewels 

For all cards, the "happy" is stamped then fussy cut by hand.  Here are all eleven cards - which version do YOU like better?


Here is a poem I found off the SCS website (and have received in cards multiple times myself from crafting friends)  I did NOT attach this to the inside of card - I just printed onto copy paper and stuffed each card with this... 

and we were asked to include an envelope with each card as some like to decorate them so...




and here are the rest of the demonstrators' lovely creations....












If you'd like to sign up to be a demonstrator, I highly suggest you hook up with Joanne Maddi - she shares many great videos on YouTube and runs a fun demo group!  You can also find her on Facebook.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy Crafting