Jolly Gingerbread - Paper Pumpkin Alternatives


Last month I purchased 2 extra kits so my girls and I could craft together once they came home from college, so we finally broke into November's Paper Pumpkin last night. Since I'm not doing gift cards this year I knew I would cut the tiny cards in half and make them into full sized cards. I'm sharing 3 alternative cards I made this week.

Some were disappointed that it didn't contain a gingerbread boy, however those are easy to make and many are getting very creative with how to do it - here is my version of a gingerbread boy. I used an older SU! punch, the word window punch for arms and legs, and a circle for the head. The cute peppermint buttons are from the PP kit, along with the gingerbread house and fancy decorative stamps and several sentiments! I included some "Mountain Air" die cut trees, snowflake sequins, Subtles embossing folder, white embossing for the smoke and white gel pen.

Measurements: 

Cider - 4 1/4" x 11" scored at 5 1/2" 
Mint Macaron - 4" x 10 1/4" scored at 2 1/2" and 5"



Here's another quick card  - 
I love the peppermint embellishments in this month's kit!

I noticed my Blushing Bride ink spot was very dark - almost the cider color!  So I experimented and found that Flirty Flamingo, stamped off once is a closer match to the blushing bride cardstock. 
 

And for my 3rd card, I embossed the beautiful house stamp in this set with white on cider cardstock and used my alcohol markers to color.  I've read that some are using a bleach marker to pick up color from the cardstock and then adding color back with a marker and you can see the colors much better.  I just used my blender pen but it didn't work.  So you can't see that I colored the windows yellow and the doors green, but it's still pretty, don'tcha think?



November 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit - Jolly Gingerbread