Staircase Z-Fold Christmas Card


Happy Crafty Saturday!  I set a personal goal to TRY each of the "Fancy Fold Cards" on our recent blog hops.  Today I made my first Z-Fold card using this tutorial on Amanda's blog.  I fell in love with her card - so pretty in red and white and I loved her window, but I had to get creative since I don't have a window die cut yet (on my wishlist!)  


For the garland, I cut out one of the border strips from the "Deck the Halls" digi paper pack HERE.  And for the window scene, I used the "Sweet Deer" HERE and the trees are from "Gingerbread Scene" HERE.  For both sentiments, I just typed them out in dark red.  :)

I went over select petals of the poinsettia with a red sparkly gellyroll pen, select holly leaves with a green sparkly gellyroll pen and the flower centers with a gold sparkly pen.  The last photo shows an up-close view of the sparkle.  :)


*Note to self: Pay attention to Amanda's note about the staircase triangle BEFORE you start cutting your slats! I had my triangle going the long way and didn't realize it until I had all my slats glued onto the stair base :( Had to rip them off and start over with the other triangle.

Thanks for visiting! *Ü*