Doodle Pantry Challenge 2 {Foliage}


Hi again!  This is my 2nd post for today.  I recently came across Doodle Pantry and fell in love with Laurie's fun and beautiful digis!!  They just started having card challenges and so I wanted to get in on this one and use some of the new digis I purchased.  This set is called "Winter Song Birdies"... I just love her birdies... well pretty much all birds in general as I collect real birdhouses and hubby likes to get me a (stuffed animal) bird here or there.  Anyway, Doodle Pantry has a whole collection of them... even a super cute FREEBIE ... as well as some accessories like Santa hats for them! 

The challenge this week is to use Foliage:  either in your digi, paper, or use of punches!  My sister Kathy and I decided to do one of our 45-minute "sister challenges" for this last night.  Well... we only got half way done before we both had other obligations to tend to (family needed fed, etc.) LOL.  But we did finish and I was able to work foliage in 2 ways... my image and my punched branches.

I also used some REAL WOOD from McMahon Five Designs.  I just have to show you how gorgeous this wood is up close.  The top layer is actually called "BIRD'S EYE" ... perfect with my Christmas birdies!  The dark wood cut out with Label 13 is Walnut wood.  And the back layer is self adhesive Cherry wood.  She has lots of gorgeous species of wood in her store.  


 I also added some clear glitter to the muffs, hat and shawl on each bird.  Don't they make a happy trio?  LOVE IT!  You have until the 27th to enter this "foliage" challenge!  One player will win a $10 voucher to Doodle Pantry Store!! *Ü*


CARD DEETS:
Stamps:  Winter Song Birdies (Doodle Pantry)
Paper:  Bird's Eye, Cherry, & Walnut wood (McMahon Five Designs); Oh Jolly (Cosmo Cricket)
Punches/Die Cuts:  Oval & Scallop Ovals, Labels 13; Fancy Tags (Spellbinders @ M5D); Fancy Corners (Cuttlebug @ M5D); Scallop border (SU!)