Pop Up Stage Card with Marci Duet

"I'll Be Your Candle On The Water"




Exciting day today as LaLa Land officially releases Irina's new Marci line in deep-etched red rubber stamps!! Each measures approximately 4" tall, except for the panda which measures about 2" tall. Speaking of the PANDA... as a new release special, if you buy all 5 Marci rubber stamps, you will get the adorable 2" tall Panda stamp FREE!! 

There will be lots of Marci cards showcased today and each day this week on the LaLa Land Crafts blog. Throughout this week, leave a comment there, letting us know what you think of our latest addition, and you could WIN the entire NEXT release! Commenting every day will increase your odds of winning (but only 1 comment per day, please!) We'll put all the comments in a hat and draw a winner – and it could be YOU! 

MORE ABOUT MY CARD:

 I was inspired to make this card by a memory of my own 2 daughters when they were in ballet. They performed a dance called "I'll Be Your Candle On the Water" (from Pete's Dragon... remember that?) It was a beautiful song and perfect for a ballet, I'd cry every time I see them perform. *sniff sniff* Ok, anyway... when I saw the TLC289 challenge on SCS was to make a POP UP STAGE card I knew exactly what stamps I would use... Ballerina Marci. 

I made my card 5.5" Square instead of the A2 size to allow for my ballerinas to fold and not stick outside my card when folded. I used some Wisteria paper (Basic Grey) and matching chipboard. I also used a heavy clear cardstock for my "tabs" so they won't be as noticeable behind her legs. The elements in back fold forward and the elements in front fold backwards so you actually CAN mail this card. It would take extra postage but ya know what? THIS one won't be seeing the inside of an envelope because it's sentimental--it will adorn our piano instead. *Ü* 

Hope you'll hop on over to see what else my DT sisters made for you using a variety of Marci stamps!!  Happy Stamping in YOUR crafting LaLa Land!!