Sunday, April 29, 2012

SSiC – Use Your ‘Green Thumbs’

Welcome to another fun Sunday Challenge at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ challenges!!   Marilynn is hosting the challenge this week and she shares this verse:
   
“[Those who trust in the Lord] shall be like a tree planted by water, sending out its roots by the stream. It shall not fear when heat comes, and its leaves shall stay green; in the year of drought it is not anxious, and it does not cease to bear fruit. “  Jeremiah 17:8

The Bible is full of analogies and I love this one.  To me, it means that those who are firmly grounded in Him (His Word, the Truth)  will be able to withstand any troubles that may come because [the Lord] will sustain us and give us strength to get us through.  Not only will we “get through it”, but we will “not be anxious and we will continue to bear fruit.” It might be hard to believe we can flourish when the world comes crashing down around us, but He gives us strength, courage, hope… everything we need to be what He will have us be.
  
And so our challenge this week is to use our “green thumbs”… use images of things that are planted, or simple incorporate green into your project. 
Okay… you’re prolly gonna laugh at my coloring of Marci here.  She’s a bit of a deer caught in the headlights.  LOL.  But while I was looking through all the talented artists’ blogs at La-La Land Crafts, 2 in particular did unusual things with their coloring that i thought was so neat.  So I experimented with my Copic coloring.  I guess you could say I took an “online class”… but not really.  I basically studied what they did and I practiced!  Specifically adding ruffles to her dress & created a nose like Alberto, and adding colored iris’ to her eyes like Lou Mac.   You prolly either love it or hate it.  I have to admit that I wasn’t too fond of seeing everyone doing white side-ways teardrop shapes around the eyes.  But when I saw the pop of color and then more of a 3D shape to the face, I just had to try it. 

Before you go looking for this Marci I have to say… she doesn’t exist!  LOL.  Well… I should say, parts of her DO!!  I only had one digi of this brand new Marci with Watering Can printed out (from work as I still don’t have a printer) … and I was coloring her up Friday after work when I totally messed up her face.  :(  What was I to do, this was the only digi that went with the rest of my card!  So… I cut her head off.  Then I grabbed a rubber stamp, Marci with Bunny and stamped just her head, and then attached it to her body…  Wha-la!!  All fixed :)  Can’t do anything about her sunburn though… I’ll tell her to wear sunscreen next time, heehee.  The wheelbarrow with buds is a free svg Garden set from Shery K Designs.

Check Out These FUN Challenges:

A Gem of a Challenge:  Pink, Blue, Green
Art Impressions Challenge #60:  Rain or Shine
Catered Crop:  “B” is for Bodacious (on my card- Bees, letter “B”, boots, flower Buds)
Cookin' it up with Katie:  Green, Gorgeous, Garden
Crafts 4 Eternity:  Spring
Fairytale CHallenge:  Green & Yellow
Just Some Lines:  Give the Gift of Flowers
SSiC:  “GREEN THUMBS” (green and flowers-planted)
Sweet Stampin’ Challenge:  Anything but Square


Be sure to check out what my DT sisters created this week!

Linda Lucas Linda Lucas 
Marilynn DeGroot Marilynn DeGroot 
Miesje Flach Miesje Flach
Peggysue Turner  Peggysue  Turner
Traci Major Traci Major

Stamps & SVG’s used for my creation:

Watercan Marci (with accessories) Rubber Stamp      Marci with Bunny Rubber Stamp   

24 comments:

Becky said...

What an awesome card Kris! Love the shape and love your little garden. So creative.. Also your coloring is just fabulous girl. :)

Becky said...

What an awesome card Kris! Love the shape and love your little garden. So creative.. Also your coloring is just fabulous girl. :)

Jacq said...

Hi Kris,
Oh My Goodness this is just Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love this shaped card, love the adorable Marci image. The little scene is just too stinkin cute lol. You made me laugh with the sunscreen reference lol but she look super cute to me.
Hope you and the family are all having a lovely weekend.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Miesje said...

I love it! I was chuckling as I read your coloring and then really laughed about changing heads - you are amazing! I love every bit of it but especially how you did the dress. Really cute! Have a great week Kris!

Linda McClain said...

Oh, Bee still my heart! This is freakin' amazing. Way to get us off to a great start. You definitely set the bar. I think your coloring is absolutely stunning, and I'm terribly jealous. Thanks for sharing this cutie with us at Catered Crop.

Tracey T said...

I love the gorgeous sunny colours in your card! Much needed here in the UK, where it's cold and very wet! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Tina said...

beautiful card, love ht ebright colors, thanks for sharing at just some lines

Tina
dt

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

Wow! These digi's are so, so cute. Love the wellies and garden polka dot garden kit! Fab!

Your card is beautiful...the colouring, design... everything about it.

Thank you for dropping by ECTaS today and for leaving such an encouraging message. Appreciated.

Have a good week.

Leanne ... said...

Hi Kris

I love her little sun taned face. She's SO CUTE. Hope you get a new printer soon?

Paper Hugs...Leanne

Diane said...

You are amazing! What a fun post and adorable card. Loved your description...especially the "decapitation" technique. Aren't you so clever and resourceful. Images are so cute. Your coloring is just amazing...LOVE the folds in the skirt...and yes, your face turned out wonderfully. Great tips. Thanks for sharing it all. May you be blessed and refreshed in Christ this week.

Traci M said...

Hi Kris...I've done that head transplant thing with Tilda, it always gives me a giggle! She is so pretty, I like the definition in her face...and your card is wonderfully creative and colorful! Thanks for sharing your encouraging words also...so uplifting! Wishing you a blessed week!

Karen Letchworth said...

Just adorable! I would so love to have you stop by and play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We so enjoy seeing your wonderful art in our challenges.
Have a blessed week, and we hope to see you soon.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Kathy W. said...

Love this cute li'l scene sis! Great job with the coloring too:)

Lovely Linda said...

LOL Kris - I had to laugh when I read about your image - I can so relate! What a beautiful job you have dine - I love your colouring - those pleats are divine and look so real! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! {{{hugs}}}

Bea und Doreen said...

simply stunning - your coloring is amazing. Love it
Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week
Hugs
Doreen xx

Nela said...

Hi, gorgeous card, lovely image & coloring!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge
Hugs Nela

Fiona said...

love it..fab papers and the colours are perfect...very summery!!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Natali said...

Love this bright colours on card. Colouring of image amazing and full scene details as well. Great Job!!
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Anything BUT Square” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

michele said...

Gorgeous card Kris! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Jerusha said...

I am not going to lie - that last bit about cutting Marci's head off made me laugh out loud. SUPER awesome card. LOVE your style!

Bianca said...

This is so very pritty! You have change the heads of your image, what a lovely idea!!! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

Kris, this is so cool. I love the pleats and also the way you did the eyes - I need to try that one as well. Thanks so much for sharing your steps for this creation and also for playing at JUST SOME LINES this time:)

Cheryl said...

This is so cute! your coloring is amazing!



I’m stopping by from the Catered Crop.

~Cheryl~

**I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**