Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's a Slumber Party!

Hi y'all! My oldest daughter is turning 11 next weekend and asked to have a slumber party, so I thought this little Inky Impressions girl would be perfect for the invites! Although my hubby told me he thought maybe they'd be too young for a 5th grader... ya know what? Her face LIT UP when I showed her the stamp that came in the mail! She was sooo excited about this that she asked to stamp them up right away and she and her younger sister got right to work coloring 5 of these yesterday! LOL - I honestly wish I could have video taped her excitement. For those of you who know Carly, when she gets excited, she does this thing where she presses her hands to her face (usually her mouth) and shakes while making a humming noise! Well she kept stopping like every 20 seconds to do this little habit of hers. It was hilarious! Then she was humming a Christmas song the rest of the night! LOL! Nicole, if you're reading this, I'm sure you'll feel so proud that a little stamp of yours could make my daughter so happy!! lol =)

*sigh* too much! OK, well thanks for stopping by today! I've got an announcement coming up later tonight, so I hope you'll check back in later! :) Have a wonderful Thursday!!
Photobucket

16 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my, this little girl is just adorable! Until visiting your blog, I had never seen these stamps before...so cute! Love the way you pulled this card together, and the colouring is great!

Have fun with the slumber party!

Melanie

Helen said...

Doesn't it make you feel so wonderful to know how excited she was? I love it when kids get truly excited! It's one of my most favorite things in the world! Your card is fabulous! Have fun with the party!
Blessings!
~H

Seleise said...

super cute! the image is darling!

Sparkle said...

These will make darling invites!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Great minds think alike my friend. You will see why I say that for my Saturday Spotlight Challenge post.

Love this image. It is just one of the sweetest I think!! Great for a slumber party. Great coloring and I love the embossing!!

hugs,
Chris

Deb said...

such an adorable image, gorgeous card, hugs Debx

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwww........what a sweet card. :) I just love the look on her face with her teddy.

Candace said...

This is the PERFECT image for a slumber party! Love it!

Sue from Oregon said...

what a cute story about your daughter!

Danni said...

Such a sweet card and a sweet story!!

Randi said...

i love hearing about your DD. How sweet is that! I am sure you cherish these times, maybe just not at 3am when they get there second wind. heehee Let me know if you need a chaperon, I haven't been with 5th grade girls in a long time. Life is like one dramatic moment after another.LOL

Kristen said...

Kristine, Happy Birthday to your daughter. I glad she loved it, it is soooo cute and perfect for the occasion.

Diane said...

Too cute! Im sure the recipients will adore it as much as your daughter did. Slumber parties are so much fun!!!!

BananaStamper said...

Fabulous card! How cool that she was THAT excited! Fun!
Shanna

p.s. Good luck with that slumber party - better have a nap before it starts! :)

Rose Ann said...

What a cute slumber party invite!! I love the colors and embossing!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I first saw this on SCS and instantly loved it. Now I love it even more knowing how happy it made Carly. Those are just the BEST moments for parents. You just want to bottle them up and save them for always.

Hugs,
Lisa