Springtime Joy with Bouquet of Hope


I can't really call this one a "Paper Pumpkin Alternative" because the only thing I used from this month's kit is the gorgeous gold leaf vellum.  February's kit called, "Bouquet of Hope" is a really nice kit for sympathy cards. But the first thing I did was took the gold-leaf vellum sheet out and made a popped up picture "frame" as an Easter card with images from "Springtime Joy" stamp set.
  • First I cut a piece of Kraft cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored in half at 4 1/4" (top fold).  Then I layered a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock cut at 5 1/4" x 4" and taped down to the Kraft base.  
  • Next I cut a piece of cardstock about 3 3/4" x 2 1/2" and sponged some grass and clouds/sky then taped it down in the middle of my Blushing Bride layer.  
  • Next I made the frame.  The vellum sheet was trimmed down first, then glue dotted onto a piece of white cardstock cut at 3 7/8" x 5".  Then I die cut it with the Venice Lace:  Hemstitch Rectangles (SB) and then cut the middle section out with the solid rectangle from that die set.  I then popped the frame up onto Blushing Bride cardstock with Dimensionals. 
  • I stamped and colored the images from the Springtime Joy stamp set and hand cut them.  Then I taped them down onto the scene piece.  
  • Next I ran some crinkle ribbon under the frame (between the dimensionals) and added some white with gold trim ribbon to form a bow on top. 
  • Finished the card off with some Champagne rhinestones.  (Sentiment will be on the inside.

♥ ♥ ♥

Stamps used: SU! - Springtime Joy; February 2021 Paper Pumpkin kit: Bouquet of Hope

Dies & Punches: Spellbinders - Venice Lace Hemstitch Rectangles

Paper: SU! - gold leaf vellum (from Feb. 2021 Paper Pumpkin Kit); Blushing Bride; Thick White, Kraft cardstock

Ink & Extras: SU! - Pool Party, Soft Sea Foam, glue dots, stampin' dimensionals, score board, Champagne Rhinestones; Non-SU! - paper trimmer, Copic markers, crinkle ribbon


Thanks so much for visiting ~ Happy Inking :)