Multi-Layered Cube Card

Ok y'all, those who know me know I love a card challenge - especially fancy folds!  So when I saw this gorgeous card of Lavonne Schwendeman's I had to try it.  And as impressive as this style of card is, I prolly won't make another of these for a long while as it took me quite a long time to make.  But it was worth it for my daughter who's birthday is in a couple of weeks!  Maybe I'll make a (fall/winter) one for my other daughter who's birthday is next May, LOL!   

I love how the sentiment and larger butterflies actually POP OUT away from the card base!  

Here's a view from the top-ish....



The "Lovely Wishes" foam words are pink foiled on the front and are shiney when the light hits.  They are attached to clear window sheets that are then glued to the cardstock in front of them.  

The flourishes were pretty flimsy, so I cut out 3 of each and glued together to make them more sturdy.

Each size of butterfly is embossed with a different texture - they were cut/embossed at the same time using a retired SU! Embosslits "Beautiful Wings" 

The paper is (retired) SU! Best Dressed dsp

The Stamps I used came from 3 different Paper Pumpkin kits...

Paper Pumpkin, April 2019 "Sentimental Rose" (HB sentiment)
Paper Pumpkin, April 2020 "My Wonderful Family" (daughter)
Paper Pumpkin, Feb 2020 "Lovely Day" (green sentiment) 
+ the "Lovely Wishes" foiled foam words from this kit ♥

this card folds flat to put in an envelope - although I either have to make one with my envelope punch board (if it will make one large enough) or put in a manilla envelope as the finished flat size is just over 7"


Ready to make one?  You can find a video tutorial by Jo Blackman here.

Thanks for looking and Happy Crafting ♥