Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Rice Filled Heating Pads for the Kiddos

Merry Christmas everyone!  It's Christmas eve as I type this and wanted to share some last minute sewing projects I made for our great-nieces and nephews tomorrow. I saw these rice-filled "Heating Pads" on Pinterest last week and thought they'd be perfect for the young kids.  They can be thrown into the microwave (they use 100% cotton materials, so they won't melt in microwave) and kids love them to keep em warm on a cold winter night, or they can comfort a tummy ache or achy muscles.  You can also add lavendar which can help them sleep better.  I chose not to just because I don't know if any of them have allergies.


I bought the owl pattern and instructions found in this post.  I made a couple of the owls, and then I altered the pattern to make 2 kitties, tractors and a butterfly!   I used cute patterned flannel (doubled up) and then felt for the eyes, beaks and tires.  I strongly suggest if you do this to use the infusable fleece to give more structure and stability behind the flannel.  

I wish you all a very blessed Christmas tomorrow!  Thanks for stopping by *Ü*

2 comments:

Maxine D said...

They look gorgeous Kris - what a busy lady you were!!
Blessings
Maxine

Danielle said...

These are so adorable!