Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Lantern Gift Box

Carly and I got crafty last weekend - we needed some gift boxes/gifts.  She still has a couple things to finish up her box - it's not a lantern like mine, so I'll show hers a li'l later.  I made a couple of these last year, so this popped in my head, makes for nice gift-giving.  For this lantern I used Jenn's Lantern with this tutorial.  Hope you're all enjoying the holidays :) 
 
 This is a flameless, battery-operated candle. 
((Do not use a flame candle in this paper box or you'll likely have a fire on your hands!!))
 
OR... you can fill it with wrapped candies
or other little gifts.


 
The Lamp Post, Holly, Poinsettia & open leaf dies that I used on this are from La-La Land Crafts.  (all their dies cut beautifully the first time with no extra shims, unlike some other companies' dies.  Love them!) 

4 comments:

Maxine D said...

What a very pretty box Kris - I must follow up on your links as have a go - thanks for the inspiration.
Blessings
Maxine

Diane Noble said...

This is adorable. I definitely want to make one. Thanks for the links...so sweet. Love your little girl!!!

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Kris,

die Laternenbox ist immer wieder ein absoluter Hingucker. Ich danke dir für den Link zur Anleitung. Ganz liebe Grüße Silvi

Karon said...

Fabulous box and dual purpose, even better. Wonderful! TFS