Thursday, August 15, 2013

Vintage Love Birds Anniversary

My parents are celebrating their anniversary soon and this is the card I made for them.  I know mom will like it, but not really my dad's style, although I think he'll appreciate my efforts.  Since mostly retired, they take lots of trips on their Harley Trike, so I thought of designing a digi around that, but it just wasn't coming together fast enough.  (I know... procrastination doesn't get you very far! LoL)

I used my 2-way bird punch (SU!) and some li'l prima flowers with grey-blue pearl accents (M5D), and some hand-dyed Kraft colored crinkle seam binding (from my friend Diane) along with a wooden button (Key Ingredients Kit).   I also roughed up the edges of all the designer paper and then sponged it with CTC classic ink to help with the vintage feel.  The sentiment is computer printed and cut with Spellbinders label dies.
Thanks for looking!! *Ü*  Have a tweet day  From Millan.Net  

6 comments:

Kathy W. said...

Oh Kris this is beautiful! Mom and Dad are going to LOVE it...well I know mom will, hehe!! Great job :)

Helen said...

Love this card! Love the soft colors and the "love birds"! Have a blessed day! ~H

gobarb26 said...

Beautiful card, Kris. I am sure you're dad will love it too. I really love the vintage feel of it! I'm not the best at vintage, but I'm trying to add some to my stash! ;-)

Debbie said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!! I'm sure your parents will love it (even if your mom loves it more than your dad!)!!

Leanne ... said...

This is such a sweet Anniversary Card Kris. I'm sure they will love it.
Hugs...Leanne

marcelle b said...

What a beautiful card Kris, happy anniversary to your mum and dad!