Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day Lighthouse Giftbox

Happy Father's Day!!  My father, an oldies-car fixer-upper, motorcycle-riding,open road-loving, people-person, strict and firm father with a funny-silly side, a a retired pastor of 40 years... and a guiding light.

I saw this lighthouse box on my friend, Patti J's blog and knew I had to find the template and make this for my own dad.  I embossed the white tower with a Tim Holtz brick folder.  He actually has his livingroom subtley decorated with lighthouses, so this was a great gift for him.  It's a li'l gift box too, which his main gift wouldn't fit in, so what did we fill it with??  My kids and hubs and I wrote li'l notes to him and stuck them inside the tower.   Ok, so much for that plan!!  We actually filled it with some yummy Werther's candies.

My card uses a stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs called "Keep My Lamp Burning". The li'l light at the top of the tower is a battery-operated tea light. Very important---do not use a real candle!! :)   Here it is with the lights off...
Hope you all had someone special to celebrate... or hold special memories your father this weekend.  Thanks for stopping!!  xKris

8 comments:

MaxineD said...

Oh Kris this is a fabulous box and card - you are so talented!
Blessings
Maxine

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors of the patterned paper you used on both the light house and beautiful card Kris! Sounds like the perfect gift for your father! The dew drops and flame tea light look great!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh my stars- this is amazing! Holy Mackerel, bet your dad will keep this and put it on his antel!!! I have been meaning to stop by to say hello : )

Kelly L said...

Oh my goodness, that lighthouse is spectacular, Kris!! I love the use of the brick textured folder and the pretty battery powered tea light is perfect for the top! Terrific job. I really need to get one of those Silhouettes to create some lovely 3-D items like these. You ladies astound me with these gorgeous creations!! xoxo I even found some time this past week to create a few Father's Day cards. Can you believe it?! My poor blog sees me very little these days.

Faith A said...

Fantabulous

Sue from Oregon said...

I am sure your Dad will appreciate your special efforts Kris! Great set!

Kathy W. said...

This rocks Kris! I'm sure Dad will LOVE it:) Love the light on it..so pretty!

Traci M said...

You did such a Great job with this, Kris!! I love your gift night light and the awesome card!! So nice that you can coordinate gifts to fit decor!! I'm sure your Dad loved this.