Father's Day Lighthouse Giftbox

Happy Father's Day!!  My father, an oldies-car fixer-upper, motorcycle-riding,open road-loving, people-person, strict and firm father with a funny-silly side, a a retired pastor of 40 years... and a guiding light.

I saw this lighthouse box on my friend, Patti J's blog and knew I had to find the template and make this for my own dad.  I embossed the white tower with a Tim Holtz brick folder.  He actually has his livingroom subtley decorated with lighthouses, so this was a great gift for him.  It's a li'l gift box too, which his main gift wouldn't fit in, so what did we fill it with??  Some yummy Werther's candies.

My card uses a stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs called "Keep My Lamp Burning". The li'l light at the top of the tower is a battery-operated tea light. Very important---do not use a real candle!! :)   Here it is with the lights off...
Hope you all had someone special to celebrate... or hold special memories your father this weekend.  Thanks for stopping!!  xKris