Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Passed from this Earth....

... into her "forever home", I say goodbye to a good friend & business partner today, Jacqui McNeill. She battled a heart condition and had been ill for quite some time. The news is so very sad as she was in my prayers a lot this past year. I will miss her greatly! 

Jacqui is the artist of the cute characters at The Digi Garden. Needless to say, the store is now closed.


 I'll remember Jacqui as a warm hearted, wonderful artist who loved animals, especially her kitties, and of course her family. She often spoke of her longtime boyfriend/companion, Tony, and mom, and sister Lisa who recently had boughten her a computer drawing pad for drawing her digis so she wouldn't have to wait on me to digitally trace all her hand-drawn characters.  She could whip out 10 or more in a day... she was so talented I had a hard time keeping up *Ü*  As her health deteriorated, she would draw new characters and share them with me. It took her mind off her pain and made her so happy.  Every time I sent her one of the digis that I colored in PS for her store she'd *Squeal* in delight.  She even created several images and named them after my girls, Carly and Maddy (she was a DT member on Carly's sketch team).  She's only 7 days older than me.... in fact, hers is coming up Feb. 5th.  We also both had/have li'l dogs named Lacey (I spell mine w/out an "e").    

I remember no matter what her emails were about, she'd always include what the weather was like in the UK. Many days were gloomy & rainy... and she hated thunder storms.  Well, my friend... there's no gloom or rain in heaven, only wonderful warm rays of light and all things wonderful... I can't even imagine! I hope to meet you there one day.  Rest in peace my friend.

  Jesus Comforts His Disciples
1“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in Goda; trust also in me. 2In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going.”
Jesus the Way to the Father
5Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
6Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you really knew me, you would knowb my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”  John 14:1-6


“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.”  ― Stephen Grellet

17 comments:

Kelly L said...

Oh, Kris, I am so sorry to hear of Jacqui's passing. She will be dearly missed. I am happy to be the owner of some of her adorable creations. RIP sweet Jacqui!

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Such a sad loss to loose one of our own artists in the card making world. {{{HUGS}}}

Patti J said...

Your post has tears rolling down my face. We are all in shock today, and Jacqui will be greatly missed. She always had a kind word, and as you say, she'd squeal with delight when we'd post an image on the DT blog. Hugs, dear friend. I'll be thinking of you, and praying for both Jacqui's family and for yours.

Glenda Atkins said...

My heart goes out to you and her family. It is tough to lose a dear friend or family member. The crafting world is a little darker today!
hugs to you Kris
Glenda

marcelle b said...

I still can't believe it..she was so lovely and always encouraging when we posted our cards on the DT blog..I will miss her beautiful cute little people. I am sending my most recent card to her sister..I think it's my prettiest one, and am glad I can send it. My thoughts and prayers to you Kris and her family. *hugs* down under Marcie xx

Lorie said...

I actually just had my first interaction with her in the last couple of weeks and I can tell she was very sweet! HUGS to you Kris!

Diane said...

Oh, Kris...I'm so sad for the loss and grief each person knowing Jacqui will experience. I know you appreciated her so much. My brief interactions with her were so pleasant. She was a delightful person and so talented. Her drawings are so sweet and I can certainly imagine her squealing when she received your colored versions! Sorry for you dear friend as you miss your dear friend. I'll be praying for you and for her family.

MaxineD said...

Oh Kris - what a loss, balanced by the hope you have in seeing Jacqui in heaven.
Blessings of peace
Maxine

Maria A. said...

Hello Kris: I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend. My prayers go out to you and her family.

Scrappin Chris said...

I am so sorry to hear about Jacqui's passing. We had just found The Digi Garden and Jacqui was going to sponsor our challenge in the future. Her images are amazing. My heart goes out to you, your family as well as Jacqui's family.

Chris
Created With Love Challenges

Leanne ... said...

So so sorry to learn of your dear friends passing. May you and her family have peace from HIM!

Condolences and Hugs...Leanne

tonymc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Vicki* said...

Kris, I am so very sorry for your loss. This was such a shock to many of us as she always seemed so happy with what she did with The Digi Garden and always upbeat about it.

You and Jacqui's family are in our thoughts and prayers. BIGGEST HUGS my friend.

Beth said...

Kris so sorry for your loss.
Big hugs.

Traci M said...

Kris, I am so sorry for your loss and the loss of a beautiful soul of the crafting/cardmaking circle. I am sure you blessed her with your presence and card making skills with her digitals. I will say a prayer for your heart to heal. This is a lovely way to remember and honor her life.

Judy said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. BIG HUGS!

xo
Judy

Ardilla said...

Sorry to hear this news.
May the Lord comfort you and Jaqui's family.
Hugs,

Ardilla