Monday, December 10, 2012

Fun with the SU! Holiday Ornaments

Happy Monday everyone *Ü*  My friend Lorie Ames has recently returned to selling Stampin' Up! and so I took her up on her  20% off Cyber Monday sale and splurged on this fantasticly fun Holiday Ornaments rubber stamp set and coordinating Dies!    One of the first things I did was Google the set for inspiration so I can quickly mass produce some beauties and Stampin' Anne's card popped out at me.  I tried it in 2 color schemes...

Cherry/Pink Pirouette/Wild Wasabi 

and Kraft/Sky/White

For my first one, I made another accordion (honeycomb) element with the big ornament, but I think I'm liking the flat one a bit better as it shows the beautiful detail of the ornament.  Which do you like better??

Another thing I saw when Googling this set was a Youtube Video on how to make this fabby Ornament that is featured on the front of the Holiday Mini Catalog... (minus a couple switcharoos)

 and this is the back side of the ornament:

Yes, these are hung outside in our Juniper Tree!  We don't have our Christmas tree up yet, and I wanted some greenery behind my ornament, so there ya go!  Didn't get too sappy!  HA!

To make your own, visit Lorie's SU! website and check out the Holiday Mini Catalog!

13 comments:

Kathy W. said...

Love these Kris! The brown/blue combo is my favorite :)

Kelly L said...

Gorgeous cards and ornament. I agree with Kathy too. Although I love them both there's just something about that color combine. :) Hugs, Kel xoxo

Anne Marie Hile said...

HI Kristine! Saw your comment on my blog and was so excited to see your creations. Wow!! Love the dimension on the first card and the color combo on the second card is gorgeous. That is such a fun stamp set and you have been busy making some beautiful projects, for sure. Thank you for the awesome shout out. Have a great day! :)
Hugs,
Anne Marie

Kristine said...

Thank you girls!!! Well shoot, maybe I should've gotten your opinions BEFORE I purchased a whole pack each of Wasabi/Cherry/Pirouette! LOL. But I do think I have plenty of the sky & kraft, just no more of that ribbon. Will make do. THANKS Girls!!

Lorie said...

*THUD* Now that I've picked myself up off the floor I can say...your cards are beautiful! While the untraditional colors are lovely I really like the Cherry Cobbler/Wild Wasabi combo the most, of course Cherry Cobbler is my favorite color!

Diane said...

WOW....these are all gorgeous, Kris! I can't pick a favorite. They are just beautiful.

Debbie said...

These are both beautiful!!! Can't pick a favorite!

Traci M said...

Wow!! You always amaze me with your creativity, Kris!! I love those ornament cards, which one the most would be hard to say as they are both beautiful!
And your handmade ornament is gorgeous; I especially love the added filler with the netting or whatever that is!
Hope you are having a wonderful and beautiful Christmas season!

MaxineD said...

Fabulous Kris - love them all, but yes, the flat card really does showcase the detail of the ornament beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Lara said...

Wow Kris is this ever a loaded post. Gorgeous gorgeous creations. I love how you used that ornament.

Judy said...

These are fabulous! I watched the Stamping Up video, just oogling over them. You did a gorgeous job.

xo
Judy

Kelly L said...

Eeeek, I went ahead and ordered this SU stamp set to use with my dies finally! I should get them tomorrow and can't wait to finish up my cards :) lol Hugs, Kel

Jeanne J said...

Kris these are so pretty! I love the embossing on the cards and the fancy ribbons. I've seen the SU ornament - but never with a finished back! Very clever!