Penguin & Snowman Hats

Good morning my crafty friends!!  Well, most of our snow that we got yesterday has melted away, but the forcast is calling for more later today, woot, woot! We ♥ snow here, especially when it's enough for a stay-at-home-and-make-igloos-or-go-sledding-in-it kind of a day.  And what could be cuter (and warmer!) than a cute crocheted Penguin or Snowman Hat?!! 

Yep, I finished these 2 up yesterday with more free patterns from "Repeat crAfter Me."  (don'tcha just love that name?!)
For the penguin hat, I did not actually follow her pattern.  I used her owl hat pattern and then I made the eyes and beak up myself (inspired by some I saw online).  

My girls and I have decided to join the "Beanies for Bravery Project"... to crochet green/white beanie hats for the Sandy Hook Elem. survivors (they're hoping to get 600 of them!)  So as soon as our Christmas gifts are done, we'll be starting on those.  If you like to crochet (or make quilt squares) you can join in the efforts as well.  Read all about it HERE.  That's all I have for today!  Thanks for stopping!