Sunday, November 04, 2012

SSiC164 - Colossians 1:3-5

Happy new week to ya!!  Today starts a new challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!

Our hostess this week is the very talented Diane Noble who shares this verse:
Colossians 1:3-5-- We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all God’s people— the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel.

The Challenge:
Create a card or project depicting thankfulness or prayer. It can be a Thanksgiving card/project, a thank-you note, or an "I'm Praying for You" type card/project.

Our Sponsor:
is my wonderful bloggy friend, Kelly Little who has put together a grab bag of crafting goodies!!  Our winner is randomly drawn each week by Random.Org and 3 cards will be chosen as our "Shining Stars" and will showcased on our challenge blog!

My Card:

I've used a verse from a brand new Scripture set at Daydream Designs.  There are 3 sets and all the verses were submitted by the Dream Team, so they are very special to us.  The verse I used is from Scripture set #2.  (Although it does come in a colored version, I used the B/W one and digitally recolored certain words in the image).  The digi ballerina girl is from another new set called "My Heart Still Dances, Colored Version" which will be available later this week, however the Outline version is available here.  And the papers I used for my background will also be available later this week at Daydream Designs.  And the beautiful Heart Tree Die is available at La-La Land Crafts.

I'm also going to enter this in our "sister site", Word Art Wednesday challenge this week.  They offer a free word art (not this one however) but you can use any word art you'd like on your project.  Hope you'll hop over and join in the fun and fellowship at both challenges this week!

14 comments:

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very pretty card, love the heart tree and the heart charm!
Kristan

Diane said...

OH, Kris! This is just gorgeous. Love how you frame the verse and girl with that beautiful tree. I'll have to check it out! Love what you are doing with the color version of this set. Can't wait to see it all. Your sneak peek is very enticing!!! All in a good way! Have a blessed week.

Danni said...

Very pretty card and I love how you did the verse!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Kris! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this beautiful project with us at Word Art Wednesday. It caught my eye this morning at SSIC and I'm SO glad you've shared it with us. What a blessing. I just got my post ready for the SSIC challenge, and it will go live in the morning (Monday) because I've combined it with a DT post. (exciting news for me!!)
Thanks SO much, Kris. Your love for the Lord shines through your beautiful art, and I am blessed to have you among my circle of friends/Sisters in the Lord. I am truly grateful to God for you.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Beth said...

beautiful Kris and I love this image and the tree is awesome.

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Kris - This is beautiful! Love the whole thing. The verses Diane made are wonderful and I am looking forward to using more of them. I love that new image too. I don't usually use colored digis but she is so pretty I think I may change my mind! Great job!
Blessings,
Michelle

MaxineD said...

Simply beautiful, Kris. Love the colours you have used in the card, and the words are coloured to perfection.
Blessings
Maxine

Amy Johnson said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you used this image with scripture. Beautiful colors!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!!!

Jo Ann said...

What a great verse and love how you created a scene. Fab job! Thanks for blessing us with your project this week at Word Art Wednesday. God bless!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

Kris!! I absolutely LOVE this card!! I am a dancer that loves to Praise and Worship the Lord through dance and every day life---and this digi stamps and the way in which you enriched it with the sentiment, tree and coloring is so powerful:) be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Kristie said...

This is beautiful, Kris! I love the dress on the image, the coloring/details are so pretty!

Leanne ... said...

One of my favorite verses when I'm feeling stressed. Love the card.
Hugs...Leanne

Kelly L said...

Aww, girl, this is one lovely card, and I truly adore the verse on it too! Definitely puts this week into perspective for us all. Hugs, Kelly xoxo