Sunday, October 21, 2012

SSiC162 - What Speaks Peace to You?

Good morning!  I have lots to share today, so let's get right to it *Ü*

Today starts a new challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!  Peggysue is our hostess this week and she shares this verse:  "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."  John 16:33 (NIV)

The Challenge is:  Make a card that to you represents peace or calm; with an image, color scheme, CAS layout or verse, something that speaks peace to you, but peace symbols themselves are excluded. The card has to speak peace through your own style.

Well the first thing that comes to mind when I read or hear "peace" is Jesus.  He IS peace and without Him, there is no peace.  So with that in mind I'm "breaking my own rules" by sharing a card I made... 3 years ago.  Time did not allow me to create a new card using this awesome set from Our Daily Bread Designs, but I just love this card and speaks peace to me.  
And now for a brand new card made this week for this challenge...

There's a place I love going to that is very peaceful... and that is to the ocean.  Our family has made it an annual vacation to spend a week at the beach each summer.  And so the colors green and blue, and the peaceful singing of birds inspired this card  *Ü*  I used a brand new release from McMahon Five Designs called "Love and Friendship."

And before you go, I want to share who our sponsor is this week! 

The lovely Diane from Daydream Designs!!  One player will be randomly chosen to receive a $20 Gift Voucher to the store! 
Please Visit Our Awesome Sponsors

Speaking of Daydream Designs… I’d love to share with you some new Christmas stuff
I've been working on that's now available in the store!


Li'l Bits of Christmas 12x12" Paper Pack
(available very soon!)

(original digital images by Diane Noble - I color them in PS and
create matching digital papers for Daydream Designs)

Come join our challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week and you could be the winner and/or one of 3 Shining Stars who will be showcased on our blog the following week!
♥   ♥   ♥
And last but not least... I want to share our newly adopted "2nd Chance" doggy.  This is Lacy. 

She came a long way to find us as she was originally found as a stray in California and brought up  to the Oregon Humane Society in Portland in the 2nd Chance program.  I found her online and drove 2 1/2 hours to get her.  She's a 4 yr. old Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix.  These pics were taken in our backyard but she's definitely an indoor "lap dog" as she craves attention and loves to be everywhere I am.  Carly & Maddy fell in love with her instantly and we've even found her sleeping in my hubby's lap a few times  :)  She tolerates our other dog Ginger pretty well as we walk them together, although we won't be seeing them curled up together any time soon.  But I think they’re both pretty happy with us  :) 
I had to snap some shots of hubby playing with the girls...


Have a great week!

13 comments:

Sara I. said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Kris!! Love them both :) Adorable little furbaby, too :)

Leanne ... said...

Oh...your new dog is adorable! I do love dogs. I grew up with a dog so I know how much joy they can give someone. Having two makes it double the pleasure.
As for your two cards. I love them both. Can't say which one I like better. There both so peaceful.
Hope you have a blessed and peaceful week.
Hugs...Leanne

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Kris - I love both of your cards. So beautiful! I love how you cut the scroll die twice (blue and brown) and layered them. That looks great!
And I love the pics of your new puppy. She is so cute :) We have a rescue dog too and she is so happy to have a safe happy home!
Blessings,
Michelle

Miesje said...

I love the cards and I love the pictures - cute watching your DH frolic with the pups!

MaxineD said...

Love these cards Kris, especially the M5D one.
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love both cards- the ODB image is wonderful. The M5D card is gorgeous- I love the colors too- I love the water/ocean very much. Oh- the dog is just adorable!!!

Helen said...

Love your cards! I love that you show how Jesus represents peace. And the ocean! It is one of the most peaceful places I know (and one of my favorite)! It's so beautiful and just thinking of it brings a smile to my face! Lacy is adorable! Glad you all were able to get her and enjoy her! Have a blessed week my dear friend! ~H

Diane said...

Kris, your cards are absolutely beautiful...both of them. You always present your embellishments in such tasteful ways...just right. Gorgeous cards. Seeing the new colored sets again on your blog makes me love them even more. You are so creative and talented, Kris, and I appreciate all you do for Daydream Designs so much. You've never created/colored anything I didn't totally love. Last, but not least, thanks for showing us some pics of Lacy. What a sweetheart. Both your dogs look like sweeties. I'm such a dog lover and frequently window shop online for dogs needing a loving home. Both ours are rescues and I'm convinced they make the best pets. They seem so appreciative. My little Angel is my shadow too, so I can appreciate the bond you have with Lacy! Great post...thanks for all you do!!!

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Beautiful card this week using Love & Friendship! How wonderful to have a new addition to your family. Hope she (and all of you!) love her 2nd chance! :)

Beth said...

two beautiful cards Kris and your new puppy is so cute.

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Kris - you are one busy lady - I love both cards - they are both so serene - beautiful! Wjay a darling dog - a perfect addition to your family - animals add so much love to a home! God bless you Kris! {{{hugs}}}

Peggysue Turner said...

I actually remember that first card, from when you posted it on your blog three years ago, how time flies! And what fun to see your husband in a few pictures...I might have to share one of mine some day, thought to ponder. I don't want everyone to stampede to Michigan. :) Lovely card with the greens and blues, I find the water peaceful and soothing too.

MariLynn said...

Beautiful cards. I really like the little birds on the second one. I loved seeing a glimpse of your new family member. Thanks for sharing the photos. Hugs!