Sunday, October 28, 2012

His Indescribable Gift

It's time for a new Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge!!  Plus, I have Blog Candy - see below *Ü*

Hostess:  Sandie

Scripture Inspiration:  Ecclesiastes 3:1-8  

Challenge:  "TIME" - Use clocks/watches, calendars, sundials, etc. OR black and white only (to represent night and day).

Sponsor:  Inspired Stamps who graciously sent our Design Team some wonderful clear acrylic stamps to inspire you!!  One player will receive a $15 credit to spend in their store!!

I started on a flip over calendar for next year, starting with December 2012.  The Scripture verse is from our sponsor, Inspired Stamps,  the layered Christmas poinsettia is from the "Deck the Halls Colored Digi set" and I'm super excited about the matching Deck the Halls Digi Paper Pack (both available at Daydream Designs)!  The stand and sleeves are from Taylored Expressions.  I hope to create a new page for each month of the year and share with you as I go.  

The digi papers are already sized to 6x6" which was exactly the size for the sleeves.  So I pasted the digi paper into a Word Document.  Then I pasted a December calendar from my Publisher program on top of it and printed it out.  Then I also printed (3) of the poinsettia so I could cut parts of it out and pop dot the layers.  The fancy frame around my verse is from My Favorite Things.  
and here's a (bad grainy pic-sorry) of the 3 layered poinsettia that I pop dotted for dimension.

Diane Noble did a bang up job designing this gorgeous poinsettia, candle, candy canes, wreaths and my favorite... a cardinal in the Deck the Halls Digi Set!  You can check out all the Deck the Hall items HERE.

And of course I just have to show you a close up of the pretty Christmas papers I created this week using the Deck the Halls digi set and Boughs & Borders!

How would you like to WIN this Digi Paper Pack?  

Just leave me a comment telling me what you love most about Christmas and I will draw a winner for this Christmas pack on my daughter's birthday ... this Thursday, Nov. 1st *Ü*


I thought I'd show you the full sheet of a few in this beautiful pack including some scenescapes that would be easy to add a verse to or even a picture for quick scrap pages! 





There are 10 sheets in the pack for only $3.95!!  I know what I'll be using for my quick Christmas cards this year!!  I'd better get started soon though ya think??  lol.    

I hope you have a blessed week and will come join in our challenge at SSiC this week!  

15 comments:

Diane said...

Oh, sister!!! You did it! I love your calendar page and your post display. It's all gorgeous. You did a fabulous job on those papers...each and every one of them is a work of art. I just like sitting here and looking at them! You captured the images and staged them perfectly. Couldn't be happier. It's so fun to see them come alive on a real project. Yours is fabulous! Thanks for all you do for DD!

MaxineD said...

Kris I love all the elements in your calender page - it is beautiful.
What do I love most about Christmas? - the gathering of family and the chance to worship together as we remember our Saviour and celebrate His birth.
Blessings
Maxine

MariLynn said...

Oh how pretty. I love how your calendar looks. It will be fun to see how your other months turn out. I like how you did the poinsettias. They just seem to ask for dimension don't they. I love you sistah. Praying for a blessed week!

Judy said...

Hey Kris,

Love this calendar project..what an awesome creation! You crafting vets make this all look so easy!! Beautiful, beautiful work!

Thank you so so much for stopping by and making my day!

xo
Judy

Danni said...

Wonderful calendar page!! Awesome job!

Vicki said...

Wow! How did I miss your blog re-design? This is so pretty. I also like your calender page. I've been wanting to start one of these and you have given me some inspiration.

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Kris - This is an amazing project! I love the paper you used and the poinsettia too. That looks wonderful! I can't wait to see the calendar in the months to come.
Blessings,
Michelle

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous calendar page, so creative and love the layered poinsettia!

Traci M said...

Hee...Kris, this is so delightfully pretty...it just melts my heart! I love your calendar page and easel display! What a gorgeous gift or for your desk at work! You did a wonderful job on those papers, really brought the digital images to life!! I hope you start to feeling better really soon! Blessings on your week!

Debbie said...

This is fantastic, Kris!! I love your calendar and the layered poinsettia is great! These digis and images are awesome and I can't wait to start using them!!

Peggysue Turner said...

What a great job layering the poinsettia! Such a neat idea for the calendar! And you are doing such a great job designing the papers. So pretty! Have a blessed week!

Kelly L said...

Oh what a lovely job on your calendar. I love those but just dont have the room for them now that I have moved back upstairs without my desk. :( I truly miss my hutch. Psst ... I haven't started on my Christmas cards yet either. I really need to get moving. I was thinking tonight with a cup of cocoa might be a good idea. Hugs, Kel xoxo

Lovely Linda said...

WOW Kris - you are amazing - this is a fabulous project and perfect for this weeks challenge! You always add perfect details...Thanks for the inspiration!{{{hugs}}}

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Kris! Love your hanging calendar! Great project! Your paper designs are just gorgeous! I like how you popped up the layers of the poinsettia...lovely! And thanks for the sweet send-off!
Hugs to you!
Sandie

Beth said...

Oh wow Kris I love how you used this set what an awesome gift this would make....BEAUTIFUL.....girlfriend, may have to copy this idea.