Sunday, September 02, 2012

SSiC’s Turning 3 with a Birthday Blog Hop

This weekend marks our 3rd Birthday of Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges, and we invite you to celebrate with us by way of a Birthday Blog Hop!!
 
Before we get to Hoppin', we have our regular card challenge going on as well.  Helen is our lovely challenge hostess.  The challenge is to make a birthday card and is inspired by this Scripture:
  "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."   John 3:3
Please be sure to read Helen's excellent devotional on this Scripture on our challenge blog!
 
Our challenge sponsor is Verses, who is donating a $15 Gift Card to one random participant in our card challenge (please link your card in our Linky) and as always, we will pick 3 Shining Stars who's cards will be showcased the following Tuesday on our blog!
 
And now for the Blog Hop!  We will pick 3 random winners who complete the hop and who leave a comment on all our DT's blogs!  (Hoppers do not have to make a card and enter our challenge, although we'd love it if you did!)  Hoppers could win one of the following:
 
$20 GC to Daydream Designs,
3 Free digis from The Digi Garden,
and 3 digi sets from Carly's Cuties
 
Winners from the blog hop will be announced on Tuesday, Sept. 11th along with our challenge winner and Shining Stars.
 
I've created 2 Birthday Cards... here is the first “Whooo’s Having a Birthday?”

I’ve used a super cute brand new release at Daydream Designs called “Owl Always Love You” along with another brand new set, “Time to Party”!! 

               

“HB 2 U” … Happy Birthday to You
For my second card I used a sweet li’l girl from The Digi Garden called Emily’s Balloon
         
 
And the digi paper is FREE with purchase at my daughter’s store, Carly’s Cuties
Picture

Thanks for stopping and hopping!!  Here's the order once again...

SSiC -- Start Here
Candace- Creatively Candace 
Kris- Ink Something 2 <-----------YOU ARE HERE
Laura  (Guest Designer)- http://lozzapoppins.blogspot.com/

35 comments:

cardsandcraft said...

Kris not just one but two wonderful cards. I love the Owl card. You are all inspiring me this week as usual. Thanks for all you do. Tracy B.

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

O wow I love your cards, such great detail in them!!
Kristan

Diane said...

Happy Birthday, SSIC! Kris, what adorable creations to celebrate the occasion. You work so hard and faithfully to keep SSIC out there, proclaiming God's Word in a fun and unique way. So I hope this birthday party really blesses YOU! I thank God for SSIC, for its mission and for the sisters there who love our Savior so much. What a privilege it is to know you, to work beside you, and to play with you. You bless me in so many ways, and your talents bless so many others! You are a dear, and I'm thankful to God for you. (Psalm 34:3--
Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.) Have a blessed week!

Renee said...

Kris-
Both of these cards are just simply beautiful. I love the woodgrain behind the owl. The 2nd card is bright and cheery. You've done a very good job making both cards!

Karen said...

I love all the details that you put into your cards!!

Irene said...

Oh so cute! Thanks for all of the inspiration...I look forward to working with the digital images.

Stephanie said...

Both of your cards are adorable but the owl card is my absolute favorite! I love the paper piecing and your balloons are fantastic!!!

Candace said...

Hi, Kris! Great minds think alike on the paper!! I love both of your cards...fabulous as always!! Hugs! I hope you have a blessed week! :)

Lozzapops said...

Gorgeous cards Kris! That owl is adorable and love all the bright colours!! Thanks so much for asking me to be part of the team this month, so excited! Laura x

Beth said...

Wow Kris both cards are gorgeous and I just love that owl from Diane's Daydream designs and what you have done with it sure gives it the WOW factor.

Nancy said...

Love the colors, so bright and beautiful!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Kristine! Your card is just darling, and I thank you for your inspiration and all the work you do through SSIC to bless and encourage others. God is just SO GOOD, and as we know....the best "birthday" anyone could have is the re-birth through Jesus Christ. Thanks for being part of a blog that helps to spread this precious gift through the love of crafting. You are a blessing and an encouragement, as are all the DT Members at SSIC. Thanks for all you do!
Have a blessed week.
Your friend and Sister in the Lord,
Karen Letchworth

P.S. I hope you can play along with us this week at Word Art Wednesday (Sister site to SSIC) and God bless you!
Karen

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Kris - These are both adorable!! Love how the owl is printed on that DP (he is isn't he??) Anyway, they are both so cute! The images from Digi Garden are so sweet!
Blessings,
Michelle

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE love both your cards. Happy Birthday to yall.

MaxineD said...

Love your beautiful brightly coloured card Kris - just beautiful and they make me smile.
Blessings
Maxine

Margaret said...

two fab cards. I love the way that you have have stamped the owl onto patterned paper making a very colourful card

Margaret xx

Susan Martin said...

Too cute!!! I LOVE that little owl.. love the paper you used for him! the balloons are perfect! Love the bright colors!! And your coloring is amazing!! I love the little girl. Great papers! Love the flowers!

Amy Johnson said...

Such super cute and fun cards!

Joan V said...

Love these cards. How fun and colorful for birthday cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

Miesje said...

Oh my gosh Kris! These are both so darn cute! Love these birthday cards and you wonderful colors and coloring! What a gift you have and are generous enough to share! Have a wonderful week.

Debbie said...

These are both so cute!! Wonderful cards!!

Marsha said...

I can't decide which one is cuter - they are both darling. Love the papers, paper piecing, colors. Just great cards.

Sonia said...

Gorgeous card^_^
Happy 3rd Birthday to SSIC ^_^
I made a card for your challenge and I partecipate with love in your blog hop^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Marlou McAlees said...

super super!!! cute, I looove the owl Kris, its adorable!! xx

Laine said...

Your cards are so adorable. I love the owl - so bright and cheery and sweet. Your blog is amazing also. Just had to become your newest follower.

Hugs and smiles

Laine

Lagene said...

These are so bright & festive!

Leanne ... said...

Oh...Kris...both of those Bday cards are sooooo adorable. Nice, nice job.
Hugs and blessings...Leanne

Traci M said...

Happy Birthday to SSiC, Kris!! This is the cutest card...love your paper piecing for the hat, and I am in love with these little owls! Thanks so much for all you do for each of us...I appreciate you and the friendship you offer!

ellyscard creatief said...

Twee hele mooie kaarten.
Gr, Elly

ellyscard creatief said...

Ik was bij alle designers maar kan geen commentaar vinden op de blog van Sisters in Christ'
I tray in Engles.
I can not find were to put tath I was to everyone of you.
Thanks, Elly

Seleise said...

so super cute!!

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Kris! Love that OWL card! Your paper-piecing is wonderful! Such an adorable card! Your coloring of Diane's images AND the digi papers is fantastic...really enjoying using the colorized ones! Thanks!!
Sandie

BBliss said...

I love the happy little owl on this card. He put a smile on my face!

Karen C said...

I'm getting a late start on this hop! What a beautiful creations! Love them!
Hugs,
Karen C
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

Helen said...

These birthday cards are darling! Too awesome! The paperpieced owl makes me smile! Have a blessed day! ~H