Sunday, August 19, 2012

When You Write, Your Heart Just Follows.

Good morning all *Ü*  Today's Scripture challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges is hosted by Candace who shares this verse:  "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."  Proverbs 30:5  

It is wonderful blessing that God gave us a perfect book to guide us through every aspect of our lives.  Please hop over to read Candace’s devotional this week.

Our challenge this week is to Use a Sentiment Only - no images 

Our sponsor is Our Daily Bread Designs who is offering one random player a $15 GC to the store! 

I love this sentiment I’ve used… “When you write, your heart just follows”  ~ it reminds me of my two daughters as they’ve always loved writing.  In fact, their teachers would show us their writing assignments (in grade school) and say “I asked them to write 2 paragraphs and look… 8 paragraphs and 3 pages later… Lol.”   Carly also loves to write poems and Maddy writes song lyrics.  So… I decided to make them back to school notebooks!   

I am assuming that we are allowed to use images if they are in your designer paper since our hostess used that, so I will give you a li’l sneak peek at some new School-themed papers coming to Daydream Designs this week!  The sentiment is from the School Days Sentiments and the papers are ones I created using some of the digi images in the School Supplies and School Backgrounds set.   The colored digi version of the School Supplies will also be available this week!

Paper CollectionWM copy 
The apple is actually the new Pumpkin Die from Serendipity Stamps!  The felt leaves are perfect for apples… and I cut them with a Marianne Designs Die.  If you missed my post from this past Thursday, then you missed a couple of cards I made using this beautiful die to make 3D pumpkin and apple!  ☺

I hope you’ll pop over to SSiC and join us in this challenge – show us your sentiments!

15 comments:

MaxineD said...

What a stunning cover you have created Kris! Love the strong colours and that fabulous die cut.
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

wow girl, this is colorful..Love the apple and design paper and all that pretty ribbon.

Miesje said...

Oh my goodness - I love this Kris! Such a colorful fun project. I see I really NEED to get a new printer and soon! Love that paper and the images.Have a good week dear friend.

Lori Stokes Wright said...

Loving the back to school themes right now. This is a fantastic notebook for jounral-ing, notes and such. Your girls will love to have something so pretty when inspirations hits!!!

Kathy W. said...

Oh this is perfect for back to school. Great job on the papers and I love apples!! Can't wait to see the set.

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Kris! What a perfect back-to-school project! Adorable! Love those digi papers! And all the bright colors/ribbons!
Have a great week!
Sandie

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Kris - This is great! The papers are wonderful! You are one talented lady! That apple is wonderful too. Your daughters are so blessed. Last year I made my kids "emergency" kits for back to school. They had candy bars inside in case school became too stressful ;)
Blessings,
Michelle

Marlou McAlees said...

beautiful card Kris :) love it :) x

Glenda Atkins said...

Awesome Kris, so vibrant and so wonderful for a school themed project. Fabulous job and not an image in sight:O)

Diane said...

Kris...this is over the top too fun and cute. Love it. The papers just pop with vibrant color that is perfect for the set. All the papers are A++! Great project!

Jennipher said...

Hi Kris! Stunning project. Just stopping by to say Hi, follow your blog and say that I look forward to working with you on the Dream Team.

Traci M said...

Kris, you are doing such a fantastic job with these digital papers!! I love your notebook, it reminds me when I was a preschooler and had my play desk and loved playing school!! I tried printing off my first colorized digital last night, it was way too light and not satuaprated wupith color. My ink levels are good, so I need to figure that out soon! Have a blessed day, friend!

Yolanda said...

What a fun little notebook!

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Kris - you are rocking with this card and the digital papers! Love the sentiment too! Thanks for all you do Kris - you are a blessing!

Helen said...

I love these altered notebooks! They are so fun! Your girls are so blessed to have you for a mom! Later! ~H